Discuss Kitchen taps, repair or change?? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning all,

I recently changed the washers on my kitchen mixer tap due to it dripping, I reseated it using a tool but it's still dripping. I have had another go today and on closer inspection of the seat it appears to have a hairline crack. Can this be repaired or do I change them completely?

Many thanks in advance

You could solder the crack but if it’s stnd kitchen taps not worth the hassle

Reply to Kitchen taps, repair or change?? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there I have attached a video below, showing where my kitchen tap is leaking from, is this possible to repair by replacing the hose pipe or...
Replies
Views
I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock