Discuss Kitchen tap identification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a kitchen tap described in the MFI installation list as a Hi-tech monobloc chrome. I think that description covers a variety of makes. Anyway, it was installed about 4 years ago, or not long before MFI went out of business. Now the ceramic disc valve on the H.W side drips. I had every intention of taking the valve out to have a look at its condition and replace it if necessary. However, on taking off the cover, taking out a screw and pulling off the turning knob or whatever its called, I find that the valve body is in a recess and requires a box spanner to unscrew/remove it.
Can anyone identify the make of tap or perhaps advise what size box spanner I will need to purchase? The dimension across the flats seems to be in the order of 16-18mm.

It is unlikely that it will be a well known make so identification would be nigh on impossible. If you can post a picture showing both the tap and the part of the tap you are talking about someone may be able in some way. If you can get the cartridge out you may be lucky and find a replacement at a plumbers merchants or one of the sheds.

possibly be able to get the valve out with a deep 1/2 drive socket of the appropriate size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen tap identification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock