Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen Tap Aerator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil K

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
image.jpgDoes anyone recognise this kitchen tap?

I'll elaborate..... The original problem was Hw pressure/flow. Megaflo in the flat, replaced combination valve/chain link set and took apart bath taps and shower and cleaned all the scale out of them. Took the aerators out of the taps in the whbs in both bathrooms and did the same, cleaned them. The last thing I did was take the aerator out of this kitchen tap to clean it and SNAP! the second I put the grips on it to get it out, it snapped because the previous clown had tightened it in too much and it was mullered, brittle.
Anyway to tide them over I took the aerator out of one of the bathroom taps (Hansgrohe) and just about got it in with ptfe and prayers. My problem is, the kitchen tap spout has a tube inside it, 10mm-12mm diameter with a tapered end. There's a rubber grommity thing that goes between this tapered end and the aerator. I need THE aerator for this tap. It's not a Deva tap (I've been on to them) and Rocketmann, if it's from Wickes, is it a Targa/ Astracast tap? This is doing my head in now because the customer is doing my head in about it. Any further advice appreciated

Maybe just quicker to replace with a similar mixer, - if that's what the customer is happy with.
Pity you don't have a local friendly scrappy who would let you rummage in his brass and see if you can remove a few aerators like that one.
What about the type you can get that screws into the tap spout after removing the original & swivels - like a little shower head? I think Lakeland stores do them.
That looks in your photo like a similar aerator to a Franke mixer, like the common type Davos or similar.

Last edited:
Thanks Best. I'm the bad guy now, persona non grata. "It was alright until you went near it" Damn right wish I never touched it FFS!!!

Maybe just quicker to replace with a similar mixer, - if that's what the customer is happy with.
Pity you don't have a local friendly scrappy who would let you rummage in his brass and see if you can remove a few aerators like that one.
What about the type you can get that screws into the tap spout after removing the original & swivels - like a little shower head? I think Lakeland stores do them.
That looks in your photo like a similar aerator to a Franke mixer, like the common type Davos or similar.

That's the Hansgrohe aerator that I took out of one the other whbs

Thanks Best. I'm the bad guy now, persona non grata. "It was alright until you went near it" Damn right wish I never touched it FFS!!!

I think it happened at least once with me also Neil. Similar aerator. Very brittle because of hot water I guess, plus too tight, so not your or my fault. Customers don't appreciate you are trying to improve things that are actually fragile & past their best.
I understand your predicament - you don't want to mess about with what's already there & working fine & you don't want to spend any great money on it.
If I had any similar second hand aerators I would gladly post you some. Pity you didn't take a photo of the aerator itself.

I tend to email photo of the tap I need parts for to the agent. That way they can confirm exact model.

I tend to email photo of the tap I need parts for to the agent. That way they can confirm exact model.

Done that to 2 so far. No joy yet. Deva got back to me, no not theirs. The other one, Astracast, has yet to get back to me. However, it is the bank holiday weekend. Hopefully someone here can provide further pointers.

Just a thought guys ... When doing Oxy welding we used to have a little set of nozzle cleaners to clean the holes in the nozzles, could you use this without taking the Aerator out?

Just a thought guys ... When doing Oxy welding we used to have a little set of nozzle cleaners to clean the holes in the nozzles, could you use this without taking the Aerator out?

Thanks Rpm but the horse has bolted on this one!

Looks a lot like this tap mate

Taurus Kitchen Monobloc Tap - White

Just a quick thanks to all who helped me out on this one, I managed to source a replacement aerator that fitted from Astracast. Thanks very much again.

Just a quick thanks to all who helped me out on this one, I managed to source a replacement aerator that fitted from Astracast. Thanks very much again.

Thanks Neil for the update...regards Turnpin:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen Tap Aerator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock