Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen sink waste-to-trap connector 32mm?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
It's underneath the main bowl in a sink and a half set-up in kitchen. So there's what looks like this 32mm waste-to-trap connector which is then converted into a 40mm compression T which is joined into a parallel compression T with two spigot attatchemts on it.

The way it's been plumbed means water from sink is back-filling into washing machine and dishwasher so I want to change it for a combined trap with two spigots. But is this definetly going to be a 32mm / 1 1/4" connector? I just want to make sure it's not some funny foreign size I'll never find. Thought kitchen sinks were 40mm and that's that. It's a regular, plain-white, normal-looking, compression connector.

So if I buy a "BSP F Swivel x BSP Male Iron Tail - Unequal 1.1/4"/32 to 1.1/2"/40 mm waste-to-trap connector and then connect a Trap with twin spigot connections...will that work?

all kitchen sinks are 11/2"/38mm, sometimes the easiest way to replumb these is to get 2 x 38mm adjustable (you need adj traps as sink and 1.5 bowl are different heights) p traps with w/machine spigot, or bottle traps with wash mac spigot, although i prefer p traps) 1 x tee piece and some bends and just mess about with the configuration to get the angles right

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I learned about plumbing I fitted our kitchen sink to an existing 32mm waste pipe. I'll never make that mistake again as it takes ages to drain and also has to be unblocked from time to time.

As Kirk says all sinks are 1 1/2". Some of the stuff that comes with continental sinks are slightly smaller than std 1 1/2" .

Get yourself a MacAlpine SK1A or SSK2 from any plumbers merchants.

Thanks guys.

Hmm. I guess then maybe they piped it the way they did because they didn't have enough bits or room. Or brains.

Torn between the two p-traps with spigots and the mcalpine combined fitting. Might buy both and have a play. I never seem to make much money on my jobs for that reason. Well, at least I'm accumulating lots of bits.

Few questions on the mcalpine though, idiotic I'm sure but hey...

What do the intersected parts of pipe like "A" on the drawing mean? Also what is the extra connector "B" for? And would you need a blanking piece for it?

mcalpinessk2.png

Thanks..

"What do the intersected parts of pipe like "A" on the drawing mean? Also what is the extra connector "B" for? And would you need a blanking piece for it?"

Cut them to size as required and B comes with a blank which can be used as another connection if required. The SSK2 can be placed at the back of the unit to give more space.

Ah, of course.

Sounds like a good fitting. Might have to remove the shelf to get it on but the chap said he "just wants the job done properly" and so this sounds like the way to meet that request.

Got a pretty good merchants so will see if they've got them in stock tomorrow.

Thanks again...

dont forget that the waste hoses from the w.m and the d.w should "loop" up above the trap so as to prevent gravity helping the water from the sink find the easy way out i.e the water from the sink back filling the appliances good luck:)regards turnpin

Hi. Yeah the problem is with the washing machine one, the hose passes round the back of a unit and there isn't quite enough to loop it up. Can you buy extra long hoses? At a guess I'd say this one is already 2 metres.... ooh-ooh--- Can I join two together?
Bought the macalpine sink and a half kit today. May need to remove a shelf and possibly even cut away some of the side of the unit since it's tight for space. Prob why they did it the way they did. Also will probably have to re-pipe waste which is on the left side by the half sink rather than by the full bowl. But am determined to leave this working properly.

yes you can buy hose by the metre with adaptors and couplings and good old jubilee clips at most good merchants good luck :)regards turnpin

Use the connection B and run a bit 1 1/2" for a standpipe and hang the shorter hose in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen sink waste-to-trap connector 32mm?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock