Discuss Kingfisher mk2 cf 60. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitchellcook

Evening all.

Went to service a kingfisher mk2 cf60 today and strait away saw that the flue was cracked and loose all the way around its circumference where it goes into the socket on the boiler. Id'd the boiler immediately. Got to quote for new boiler, but does anyone know if the flue for this model is likely to be asbestos or the other fibre material that they used (forgot what it's called). Just got to allow for removal in quote. Thanks all.

hi, you can get a list of appliances that contain asbestos from gas safe (tb i think), the hse and also the manufacturer will tell you too.

i always like to phone the Manufacture if im unsure, tho i have been told once or twice that they were unsure which is just fan...bloody...tastic!!

If its just the joint where the flue goes into the socket on top of the boiler why don't you fix the joint?
The HSE list that's available only lists appliances with asbestos inside the boiler, it won't list external flues as they could be made of anything

could be eurostone flue, contains cement based asbestos, usually unlicensed, just follow the correct procedure

cheers guys. No it wasn't the fire cement seal that was cracked, the flue was cracked into two pieces. The customer asked if i could just tape it up, ermmm no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kingfisher mk2 cf 60. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hey this is a message really for more experience gas fitter, I am newly in to the industry and things in a job do not sit right. Maybe you can...
Replies
Views
Morning gents, I am on my way to bed and thought to myself 'why didn't I ask on here?' I then thought to myself 'do it now' So I that is what I am...
Replies
Views
IDCHAPPY
I
A
Hello everyone, I need some help with this. Our boiler is a glowworm balanced flu something or other. It is a large thing that sits on the...
Replies
Views
H
I just ID'd this sabre HE combi boiler, all i was called in was for was the customer was saying theres water coming out of the boiler, so i went...
Replies
Views
T
X
I'll post the cliffnotes before as it turned into a somewhat long post: * boiler died end of last year * housing had everything replaced (regular...
Replies
Views
dave1
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock