Search the forum,

Discuss Kichen mixer valve renewal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend has a kitchen swivel mixer tap which needs both the compression washer valve cartridges renewed but I am unable
to find replacements of a suitable depth, niether compression
nor ceramic. I have an identical mixer in my kitchen.
The seats are about 35mm below the tap housing entry hole
and all I have tried do not reach the seat when fully extended,
so do not turn the water off - they are too short, by about 10mm which can lead to the jumper becoming detached when fully
extended. To avoid this, I would need longer valve assemblies.
The existing valves screw into a threaded hole of about 23mm in the tap housing. I can only find valves with a smaller thread diameter which requires the use of a threaded reducer boss which increases the distance to the valve seat.
Looking at what is available locally, I can find no replacements of this depth for the mixer which is only about 10 years old and there must be thousands of them in use throughout the UK. Having spent hours searching the internet for replacements I now appeal to you guys for any guidance or information
Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Just fit new taps. Job done no more time wasted. You can get new taps cheap enough.

new taps, as nice as it is to repair them, finding replacements are hard

over an hour looking and chances are you cant get them.

Thanks Guys. The valves in my mixer tap (correct size) are made
of all plastic/nylon bearing a product code 1097 but no maker's name.
Wish I could find a couple as they have never been a problem,
apart from renewing the 1/2in washers about twice a year

You can get brass spacer washers that sit behind the rubber tap washer, they come with an extended screw. Not sure what you'd call them but a plumbers merchant would know what you're on about. They come in tap reviver kits usually and that's where my stash of them is from.
Or as mentioned above, just replace the lot.

Wish I could find a couple as they have never been a problem,
apart from renewing the 1/2in washers about twice a year

They are very poor quality taps if you have to rewasher them every six months!

Or cheap tap washers.
I've never had callbacks from Pegler tap washers, fitted some unbranded ones in my own taps that lasted less than a year, replaced them with Peglers about 5 years ago and still good.

JC, Thanks. I have already searched plumbing supply websites
for the spacers/extenders you mention but haven't found them
listed. They would probably do the job if I can source them. Will
keep searching. Also, thanks for the Peglers washer advice. Many
imported rubber washers are of poor quality as suggested.

blanco they are sold by toolstation

16651.jpg
£1.35 a set

Thanks a lot SteveB. Will enquire. I don't have transport
so find it difficult to visit all the merchants who these days
are mostly located out of town. I am 73 and my expertise
is in electronics/computing, not in plumbing as you have
probably guessed. Brilliant-thanks to all respondents.
Will recommend this forum.

Thanks a lot SteveB. Will enquire. I don't have transport
so find it difficult to visit all the merchants who these days
are mostly located out of town. I am 73 and my expertise
is in electronics/computing, not in plumbing as you have
probably guessed. Brilliant-thanks to all respondents.
Will recommend this forum.

You can order online blanco

seriously i would get new taps, just think of all the time you have spent looking for the right parts. You shouldn't need to renew the washers that often either as mentioned but check the condition of the seats, they may need reseating too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kichen mixer valve renewal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock