Discuss Keston twin flued boiler replacement advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

quietman

Hi, I wonder if I could get some advice. A friend of mine has a Keston boiler, approx 10yrs old, which after many faults over the years has finally given up the ghost! She lives in a mid-link property with the boiler fitted on an internal wall. The boiler has a twin 50mm flue system. To install a conventional or balance flue system would cause some very significant but not insurmountable problems. The ideal solution would be to replace with a similarly flued boiler but not a Keston product. Any reasonably priced suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for your help.

I think only Keston do a twin flued boiler, come up against this recently and passed on the job as it was toooooo much hassle.

Keston are now owned by Ideal recently saw a new Keston is pretty much a rebadged logic with a twin flue so is likely the only choice.

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack the thread, but noticed that the op is "quietman" the two replies are from "alphaman" and "big man"

I've now spoilt it:oops:

Aye, Bigman is right, it's now effectively an Ideal Logic, a much better boiler, needs new flue pipe though.

Keston boilers boilers are generally only installed by most engineers as a last resort. when no other boiler will meet mi's on flue length or the advantage of long flue runs in plastic as opposed to 5" metal/plastic twin wall. So chances are if you have a keston it's not through choice.

Thanks for the advice all. I fitted many Ideal boilers way back in the day so I'm hoping the new Keston product has some of the quality and reliability of Ideal. Don't worry I'm aware of the current rules regarding installation so all I'm supplying is advice! Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Keston twin flued boiler replacement advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock