Discuss keston c55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

got an on going issue with a keston c55 boiler it runs a swimming pool heater in a large house - the boiler is the highest point of the system - this boiler eats auto air vent on boiler at the rate of one every 6 months. the vent sticks open and leaks spoke to keston who said not much can be done is there a better make available its a standard 3/8" auto vent as far as I am aware is there a good quality one available

Yes just trying to think of a different option as all aav are pretty much the same. If you fit a spirotop it could vent some or most of the air before it gets to the boiler.

never thought of that cheers . may not fit into boiler case - pipework comes into bottom of boiler in in 35mm reduced at last part to 28mm may benefit teeing into rtn with one

You still need a vent inside the boiler to get the air out of the heat exchanger/pump etc.
Use Spirotop most of the time, expensive but worth it for reliability.

was hoping spirotech did a mini version that would fit where original is in boiler - I just don't fancy draining 4 floors of rads and underfloor heating

If the boiler is at the top, knock the pressure off and fit the spirotop. I'm guessing the filling loop is also at the top so knock the pressure off there

going back next wk to fit standard auto keston vent for now and sizing up fitting a spirotec

Keston Boilers are rubbish I cringe every time my boss sends me to install a keston or fix one, the casing is rubbish, the look and feel is crap, the location of the pcb is stupid, the boiler bracket is designed by a posh twit with no knowledge of hanging boilers (Got it off to a fine art now though, who-ff it up there with nuts in mouth and socket with extension bar in back pocket) That stupid AAV with tube that sits in casing and disintegrates over time, the flue is a good idea but with new regs regarding voids you would be stuffed. I really do hate this boiler grrrrrrrrhhhhhhh Keston!!!!!! Arh and the fact that they cant incorporate a simply automatic bypass.

Rant over

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why any boiler has a built in bypass as they allow very little through to work properly if its a full trv'd system or is a microbore system you have to fit a external one, so end up with 2 bypass valves.

The new spec for zoning living and sleeping areas is covered in worcesters latest MIs if 2 zone valves are fitted you must fit a external bypass valve as well as having the one on the boiler.

If there not fitted they will throw it back at you

I can understand that, I have had specs on commercial installations that like bypass valves after a pump and b4 a zone valve to protect the pump etc, but were talking about Keston boilers here not Worcester or zoning living and sleeping areas, or are we? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to keston c55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
I have large house, 6 beds, 3 reception, 3 showers: Vaillant ecotec plus 37 kW, 16 rads, 3 towel rails and hot water tank. Mostly just my wife and...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
I live on the 3rd floor of a 6-story block of flats. (26 flats in total). During the evening when all people are inside their flats and using...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock