Discuss Keeping track of merchants in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just wondered if anyone has a good system for making sure all the fittings/parts you use actually get invoiced to a customer e.g if your employees pick them up.

also does anyone have a good system for price checking fittings and material costs every month?

Employ a lassie in the office. Use order numbers specific to each job and get the merchant to ring you to confirm the price is in accordance with your terms.

They ring the office to get the order number and the prices are checked against the terms on the computer.

So I take it you have a list of terms for every part on the computer then?
That's a good idea doing it that way. Im gunna do that from now on. Thanks tamz

Or you could just use a merchant that only has one price, and therefore never overcharges anyone. (Or at least, overcharges everyone equally!)

We are a an equal opportunity highwayman.

highwayman2.jpg

Yes that's my number one moan about merchants the fact everyone gets a different price I think plumbfix has the right idea with a catalogue with the price in they may not be the best in the word but at least you know where you stand.I priced a shower at a certain large merchant last yr ÂŁ40 cheaper on eBay the funny thing was when it was deliverd it was the same merchant that supplied it .

I priced a shower at a certain large merchant last yr ÂŁ40 cheaper on eBay the funny thing was when it was deliverd it was the same merchant that supplied it .

Happens all the time.

Funny when you save the ÂŁ40, not so funny when you take your merchant price in good faith to quote and your customer shoves the ebay price up your nose.

I'm getting sick of merchants trying to add stupid mark ups on stuf. I have gone through about 4 with a monthly spend of 3 to 8k. If one of them made a small mark up and was honest they would keep my business. I even tell them that and they still don't do it! Grrrr winds me up

Happens all the time.

Funny when you save the ÂŁ40, not so funny when you take your merchant price in good faith to quote and your customer shoves the ebay price up your nose.

Ah but thats when I ask them if the computer is smart enough to fit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Keeping track of merchants in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
Gents, It finally happened. A developer has asked for a price for the entire house to be fitted in copper with press fitting...... Does anyone...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock