Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Kane charger recall in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Simon F

Simon F Trusted Plumber GSR

Had this email yesterday, probably any one it applies to will have had the same email, but anyway could be useful.

Kane International Ltd has become aware of a potential issue with the KMCU250/UK charger which is supplied with the following analyser kits: KANE250, KANE425, KANE450, KANE455. This only applies to a limited number of chargers and to a specific batch. Chargers from this batch were first shipped after 16th May 2012.

The charger when plugged into a 240V socket has the potential to open up and separate when being unplugged.
    In some circumstances this could result in the exposure of live components with the potential for electric shock.
    You should stop using this charger immediately! Switch off the electricity supply to the socket and completely remove the charger from the socket.
    Check that the batch number which is located on the label is not WK18-12 – see accompanying diagram.

[​IMG]
    If your charger has the batch number WK 18-12 then you should contact Kane International Ltd on 01707 384832 who will replace it free of charge, by return. You can continue using your analyser by using alkaline batteries.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Guest123

Guest123 Guest

Cheers Simon for the heads up on this.

3. Barry98

Barry98 Guest

Made into a sticky so more may see it

• Like Like x 1
  4. Simon F

Simon F Trusted Plumber GSR

got the same email today from Gas Safe, so imagine everyone else also has this now.

5. Barry98

Barry98 Guest

Good old gas safe only 5 days behind us

• Like Like x 1
  6. on31ll

on31ll Plumber

corgi will prob send it out in say a year or two ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. mountainman

mountainman Plumber GSR

I got the same email but from Gas Safe, glad I've got an Anton :)

8. Monkeymick7

Monkeymick7 Guest

Im glad I went for the anton over the Kane then

9. WHPES

WHPES Trusted Plumber GSR

I was supplied one with my Kane but it was cheaply made and fell to bits at the cable join in no time at all. Standard Uniross battery charger works fine, just you have to take the batteries out to charge them.