Search the forum,

Discuss Just moved - hot water/heating question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

li4m

Hi all...long term lurker, first time poster with a (hopefully) silly question...

We've just moved home and can't seem to figure out hot to get the hot water or heating working. Electric and gas run on pre paid meters which have both been topped up.

Everything appears to be confined to an upstairs airing cupboard which contains the boiler, water cylinder, spur for the supply and control panel on the wall.

I've switched the spur on (for the cylinder I believe) as well as the boiler...which ticks over for a few moments before a small LED ('burner on',on the right) flashes after a few seconds (although from the intructions in the boiler panel, it's not clear if this should be staying constant?)

I've also turned on the advanced hot water boost and advanced heating boosts on the panel.

Hopefully this all makes sense...any idea where I could be going wrong? Apologies in advance if this is something simple!

Attachments

• 20160917_130055.jpg
    20160917_130055.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20160917_130102.jpg
    20160917_130102.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 25
Got any pics of the programmer? Is there a room stat? Have you turned it up? How long does the burner light stay on, on the boiler?

I do (should be below)

Room stat is located by the stairs and yeah has been turned up.

The burner light stays flashing until we switch it off20160917_130104.jpg

I do (should be below)

Room stat is located by the stairs and yeah has been turned up.

The burner light stays flashing until we switch it offView attachment 27394

Might just be the photo but that looks dead! No display of times / demand, no LED showing that either heating or hot water are switched on..

Is there anything showing on the display? A little arrow next to either Off, Timed, On or Once?

Do the LEDs come on when you press the Advance buttons?

Last edited by a moderator:
No power to prog in pic

Apologies...should have stated I'd cut off the elecs on the way out the door to save on the meter! (as we're not fully in yet)

Pics were taken after elecs were cut off.

Ok check the rads have water in them first and check you have water flowing the hot taps and the turn power on

once power to prog put both in timed setting using select under the flap (one for heating one for hot water )

If no red lights come on press the advance buttons either side of screen, should light up now

Boiler should fire

Heating might not come on due to room stat turn this to call

You should have heating and hot water then

If all works just need to set times to come on (heating and hot water)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the advice mate, we're not back there now til Friday but will certainly give all that a go and in that order...really appreciate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just moved - hot water/heating question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock