Discuss Just hand my hand tools pinched... in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

In an odd way that’s actually pretty decent of him, after a few days of guilt and wrestling with conscious he did the right thing. Can’t have been easy, catholic guilt?
Obviously goes without saying shouldn’t have done it, but moment of madness put right by careful thought- civilisation at work.

Now, go and get yourself that plastering trowel!

Only happened once, in a cottage out in the sticks. Had left my Milwaukee radio, new digital shower and a handful of pipe and fittings. Broken in overnight, customer coughed for the costs as long as is wife didn't find out.
Never had tools go, apart from the ones I put down and cant find two minutes later.

Or the many spanners left under a cylinder :D

Thanks all. You are never going to believe this... the guy that pinched phoned me up and returned them. He was a builder who thought, lovely I shall have those. Said he had his gear stolen 2 months before. Went home, remembered how he felt when it happened to him and so gave them back. Nice one.

Good job my wife puts name tags on everything I tell you! HAPPY DAYS

Unbelieveable, well almost. The guy is still a ****.

That's a bit strange to me. Why would he steal them in the first place?! What an idiot.

How did he get your phone number?

I am glad that you've got them back. It is the last thing anyone needs after this year!

Reminds me of when Victor Meldrew got a phone call from the burglar who broke in and stole his video recorder on how to set the programmer.

Reply to Just hand my hand tools pinched... in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Im a DIY Plumber Im working on moving my plumbing in my basement to the other side of the soon-to-be bathroom. I've busted up the concrete...
Replies
Views
Hello! I'm Canadian so you may wonder what I'm doing on a UK plumbing forum. I'm basically just here to learn the British term for a tool that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock