Search the forum,

Discuss just got my van back from the paint shop................ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

So, after a long wait the call came yesterday, your vans ready. Oooooh at last, ok for lunch asks I, we wil try they said, so off to home I wnet at 1230, 1330 no van, so rang and got told the delivery chaps has just gone out to Minehead, so thats me beggered till 5!!, so said to them to deliver at 1300 friday as I had work to do..........

Today the Mrs gets a call at 1100, saying they will be there in 10, so she informs them I wont, not an issue they say "we will leave the keys with the Mrs", as she is trained well, she informs them they wont see u at 1300.

So home at one, van turns up at half past, and I pop out determined to be pleasant until I notice the new repair has no sign writing!!!!!!!!!!, then as I come out of orbit, I see my white van is now a PROPER TWO TONE, one being the original creamy off white and the repair being a stunning glossy brilliant white, not a little out more a full set of pantones off the scale out. So examine the repairs which seem ok, panels match etc no gaps and hen look inside.

Note their brochure quotes how great they are and how they valet the motor before returning it etc etc, and the dust n shyte from the preparation is layered in the back and the front was cleaner when I handed it over.

So on the phone to the manager who informs me that it will settle, how the paint will never match completely etc etc. So I say hang on and look over my shoulder and check if I now have a tail that can be tugged at will by some muppet, but no, I dont, so the muppet gets informed of his rights. I show the delivery guy my discovery and ask him to pick out which panel was repaired 5 months back and he cant tell me, being that the colour match was brilliant!! unlike his companies.

Funnily the 2 delivery guys agree with my opinion of the work, so wave off the van to await the outcome, having called the insurers and bleed all over them, I might get an answer on Monday!!! Looks like more time in the Hertz heap aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

That's a bit poor!
Some insurance companies ( mine included) don't cover for the cost of replacement signwriting.

Thats no good that lame , colour is colour if it dont match then as we say in scotland

ITS EEESE FOR F"CKALL

Puss poor. There's no service in the UK

I ordered a phone for my daughter Monday. Said it will be delivered Wed, I take time off jobs, 5pm, nothing, phone voda, no dispatched, said order new one, ok, deliver Friday, she finished primary school today so was to be a surprise, no phone, phone voda, order cancelled, wtf???

Carp service, they don't give a monkeys, no present for daughter, not happy

we had a no fault repair done by the insurers "super repairers" where they had changed a wing they hadnt sprayit in situ and there was a white line along it where the wing was a different size and the door was sprayed on the outside but the inside edge was bare filler, like everyone their on crap money for crap jobs

White is probably the easiest colour to match! Its the light metallic colours that are a nightmare.

Chancers!

Back in the days when gas engineers earn't loads of money and had 2 kids I had a Porsche 968 Lux.(2002) Cracking car that every other t..t on the road hated.

It had to have a new front bumper fitted due a pr.ck, when the car was delivered back from a Porsche body shop I was quick enough to notice the new bumper had the same small annoying ding in the o/s corner.

The excuses were embarrassing, eventually the Porsche was sold when another 2 kids were produced !!

wimp,its only a vivaro or some crap,i took mine greenlaning,scratched the hell out of it

That's a bit poor!
Some insurance companies ( mine included) don't cover for the cost of replacement signwriting.

they better bleedin cover it as it was their driver that hit a parked up van, cockwomble of the year in my mind. re piccies, I didnt really have the right frame of mind to take some photos.

And Mr C, I believe in Karma, an your glow feelin could be coz someone has put a match to your car :)

they better bleedin cover it as it was their driver that hit a parked up van, cockwomble of the year in my mind. re piccies, I didnt really have the right frame of mind to take some photos.

And Mr C, I believe in Karma, an your glow feelin could be coz someone has put a match to your car :)

If they are at fault then you should be left with your can in exactly the se condition as it was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to just got my van back from the paint shop................ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock