Discuss Jointing compound on pushfit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DIYPaul

Hi, I'm a novice when it comes to plumbing. I've used compression fittings in the past, and have applied jointing compound.

With push-fit copper fittings, do you still need to use jointing compound?

No no no! :) The instructions will tell you to make sure you have a smooth cut (not a hacksaw) and ensure that any burrs are removed before pushing the tube a set distance into the coupling. Some let you use silicone lube to make it easier to push the tube in and reduce the risk of damaging the 'O' ring.

Follow the mfr's instructions to the letter!

no jointing compound required, i some times use spray lube, especially when i am using 28mm

put solvent cement all over the o ring rap it in densil tape then apply tar all over it

Or maybe heat it up and see if you could run some solder round it, just in case !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jointing compound on pushfit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock