Discuss Job qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plum ber

Are you a bona fide plumbing co? Would you be willing to write a letter to me telling me the minimum qual's you accept for a job as a plumber..... That's all I require and this would be a BIG help as my group of merry men and women go after a certain training provider...?? If you can help please pm me for an email address THANK YOU!

The minimum you require is that you can do the job.
Whether you go into house bashing, domestic, or working in high spec commercial work. The quals you hold are actually of little use if you cannot please the boss.

Minimum svq3 and gas and experience in the relevant things i need. You are started on a 2 week trial which could turn out to be 30 minutes and a bus home for the guisers.
Fools are quickly found out.

Yes this is all good but I want the Boss people to be able to put thiss in writing the more the merrier can anyone help??

If so please PM me this would be most helpful and might help in the matter of cowboy tradesman being able to bugger things up for people.....

email or PM me for more info if you can help!!!

Thanks...

Of course for defamation reasons I will not be putting a name to these people as I know they are watching on here aswell as anywhere else....and they are quick to issue solicitors letters ect... My Barrister will have a field day with these lot of jokers..... YOU ALL know who they are and so do they!!!

They just hope they don't get sprung before potential candidates are tied into a contract and are suffering at the hand's of crooks..... IMO

Of course for defamation reasons I will not be putting a name to these people as I know they are watching on here aswell as anywhere else....and they are quick to issue solicitors letters ect... My Barrister will have a field day with these lot of jokers..... YOU ALL know who they are and so do they!!!

They just hope they don't get sprung before potential candidates are tied into a contract and are suffering at the hand's of crooks..... IMO

What you on

I've read your posts 3 times & still can't make any sense of it?!?

A bit more clarity & explanation may help?!

Sorry Guy's I may have not been clear enough, I have a group of people all of whom have been sold a course which leads to C&G6129 and after a lot of research I have found that most if not all of the plumbing companies in the land have a name for the courses "fast track". Their sales people sell you the dream of being well of and earning 30k plus ect and after much research I have information that could see us getting refunds of what we have paid them, we have a class action being brought against them and I am trying to ascertain the facts from plumbing employers.....

All I need is a letter of email saying whether or not you would employ someone with the C&G 6129 and if so how much would the wages be, the same goes for if you wouldn't employ someone WHY not please state your reasons.....

That's it in a nutshell, I do already have some pretty important people in the industry backing us but it all helps when you are dealing with this sort of matter.....

What you on

If I say anything defamatory about them I WILL get a solicitors letter from them and probably be sued for 20k or so.....

Just pm me if you want and I will send you some links to prove this fact.....

No offence, but why you?

Why are you taking this upon yourself to do this?

I don't think the courses are being miss-sold. I did one myself, not because I wanted to earn 30k a year but because I wanted to broaden my knowledge of plumbing. In hindsight this is the only thing I would say I was miss sold on. My knowledge was only increased slightly, but then that was more due to the fact of the tutors & other members of the group. There were attendants there only to get there benefits & be seen that they were making an effort to get qualified to get a job.

Why do you think little old you, even with all the backing you think you have can fight the big colleges/training centres?

If I say anything defamatory about them I WILL get a solicitors letter from them and probably be sued for 20k or so.....

Just pm me if you want and I will send you some links to prove this fact.....

No
It's not hard to do a bit of research to see that majority of these training centres are crap
So anyone that spends thousands if these courses is living a pipe dream
But some do come out and make a good living I think it's in the individual weather they can pick not up fast or not
But it's the practical experience that's the key in my eyes

You are not recognised as a qualified plumber on paper without the minimum of an NVQ level 2. Or a diploma as it has changed I believe.

I did the 6129. And am now training for my gas. I am a self employed plumber and wether the world recognises me as that I couldn't give a monkeys. As long as I do things right and keep my customers happy and hav PLI and pay my taxes who really cares.

It's what you know. Not wether a piece of paper says you know it or not!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not someone has to??

No offence, but why you?

Why are you taking this upon yourself to do this?

I don't think the courses are being miss-sold. I did one myself, not because I wanted to earn 30k a year but because I wanted to broaden my knowledge of plumbing. In hindsight this is the only thing I would say I was miss sold on. My knowledge was only increased slightly, but then that was more due to the fact of the tutors & other members of the group. There were attendants there only to get there benefits & be seen that they were making an effort to get qualified to get a job.

Why do you think little old you, even with all the backing you think you have can fight the big colleges/training centres?

Why not someone has to??

No offence but I could think of better things to do, like running my own business.

I appreciate your thoughts & concerns but sometimes there's just some things that will take up far too much valuable time & effort with very little outcome.

Hope you do get the result you're after but remember your own business!!

I run my own plumbing company, all be it a one, or sometimes two to four man band.
If I was looking to employ someone then as long as they could do what was required I would be more than happy, reagrdless their qualifications.

I might have this wrong but have you recently done a plumbing course that suggested you could earn huge wages after completing the course ?

imo only..

the only ones who will make any money out of this is your barrister!!

there is no way you will get money from the training provider (especially in multiples) as they will just close the company then re-open it under another name like Train In Trade Skills (**** for short).

these such providers offer a 'qualification' under the city&guilds format, they do not promise to furnish candidates with a job. they set out a course suitable for achieving the examining body's criteria in which they achieve relevant success.

the problem is with the sales staff/drive who are after their commission's and leading folk into believing there are 'roads paved with gold' and the easily led fall for it!.

you are asking for proof from plumbing companies if they would employ a candidate with a c&g6129 what you are after will prove absolutely nothing, that is unless you ask every company in the u.k and get 100% no's. it would only take that one company to say that they would consider it, to prove in favor of any training provider that the qualifications obtained is all that you need to 'potentially' be employed.!.

what they are stating is that you will be a 'qualified plumber' but as we all know in england, you do not need qualifications to be called a plumber!!!
but good luck anyway:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The 6129 is only a craft certificate. Most large firms, will want you to also have a t minimum an nvq2, as this is done on site, so in theory proves that you are not straight ouit of the classroom.
If I was taking on someone, then as long as they could do the job required of them, then no issues. Becomes a bit more involved if you go into site work, as normally the pay is in relation to your skills card.

just a thought, this is in the plumbers arms so no, they cant read it!!

I did a 3 year apprenticeship and still came out the other side not knowing enough. I also wouldn't have expected to have dropped straight into a 30k job. Everyone's wise to training courses, no one looks for the qualifications, they look at experience and the qualifications to back this up.

I'm not a fan of the short courses, but the candidates should be doing some research themselves before parting with the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Job qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock