Discuss I've made my heating system worse! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

However.. To play Devils advocate.. If that's the case wouldn't it be the case that they would work fine with the rest of the rads closed?

The reason they are not currently working is probably an airlock, even with all other rads closed this can still happen. The reason they originallt wasnt working as well as the rest of the house is likely undersized pipework. You can feed 2 rads off a 15mm supply but it depends where those 15mm pipes are tapped off the existing system. If they come off other 15mm feeds then they will suffer with poor flow.

How do the pipes in the loft connect into the heating system?

They tee off somewhere on the first floor. There seems to be a dedicated feed and supply that only goes to these 2 rads, I think it's connected near to the pump but I could be wrong. I'd estimate there's a run of about 5-6 meters of 15mm pipe on the first floor before the connections in the picture I posted.

The reason they are not currently working is probably an airlock, even with all other rads closed this can still happen. The reason they originallt wasnt working as well as the rest of the house is likely undersized pipework. You can feed 2 rads off a 15mm supply but it depends where those 15mm pipes are tapped off the existing system. If they come off other 15mm feeds then they will suffer with poor flow.

Interesting. At least part of the system is 22mm, I have seen this when fixing squeaky floorboards. I assume this would only compound the issue?

Do you have any suggestions on locating or removing the airlock?

So the loft these pipes are in is a ground floor extention? When you turned all other radiators off, did you switch off the hot water at the programmer?

Would make sense as they were never as warm as the others. I can't say for sure though as we've only lived here since July so haven't had that much experience of the system in full flow.

However.. To play Devils advocate.. If that's the case wouldn't it be the case that they would work fine with the rest of the rads closed?
No as the smaller bore pipe can only carry so much heat

Reply to I've made my heating system worse! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock