Discuss issues with advertising in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I live around Portsmouth in the south.
I have been with Checkatrade for 8yrs. I work about 35 weeks of the year since I take kids holidays off. I do domestic gas, heating and electrical work.
This year my Checkatrade subscription went from £995.00 to £1500. and with that the amount of calls I get has dwindled, even though my feedbacks suggest I am the second coming of the lord!

can anyone advise if they use a better platform for advertising. some have suggested Google click and pay?

Many thanks, I am looking to move next year

Last edited:
Never used Check a con man, never used anything else like this

I have local adds, a website and word of mouth / repeat business covers about 85% - all this including my logo'ed workwear comes to about £600 per year

The leads that come from my website tend to be "chancers" who want a cheap "bodge"

This seems to work well for me (or has done for the last 10 years)

Reply to issues with advertising in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I...
Replies
Views
I will start by saying I am not a plumber but I have learnt loads thanks to people on here. I am currently having an issue with heating & Hot...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock