Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Is this standard practice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Benzimmer

Hi chaps some advice needed please! I rent and my landlady has left me to arrange the heating refurb as a friend said he'll do it. I got home to see this gas pipe run behind my kitchen door which no longer opens fully! The "mate" said its normal for a pipe to run along the ceiling in this fashion !!!! is this right it looks painfully like an easy option to me? Now I'm not an expert but I disagree can someone tell me if I'm correct please?? Please see the pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 105
Looks horrendous. Do you have mountains of furniture upstairs?!

If the gas pipe is impeding the door. Then the door could be swung with force which could potentially damage a GAS pipe.

That's a no brainer

is Stevie wonder doing it? because whoever done that is either blind or clueless

In short no its not to standards. Gas installation should be done to BS 6891:2005+A2:2008
Installation of low pressure gas pipework of up to 35 mm (R1 1/4)in domestic premises (2nd family gas).

It is clearly prescribed in that, pipes should not be installed in a manner which mechanical damage may occur. Door on to pipe is mechanical damage.

Also building regulations issues, part m and fire safety.

Blokes a chimp but don't rely on my opinion, get his name and phone number and if possible signature on boiler documents and cert and call gas safe or building control.

Last edited by a moderator:
In short no its not to standards. Gas installation should be done to BS 6891:2005+A2:2008
Installation of low pressure gas pipework of up to 35 mm (R1 1/4)in domestic premises (2nd family gas).

It is clearly prescribed in that, pipes should not be installed in a manner which mechanical damage may occur. Door on to pipe is mechanical damage.

Also building regulations issues, part m and fire safety.

Blokes a chimp but don't rely on my opinion, get his name and phone number and if possible signature on boiler documents and cert and call gas safe or building control.
or the fire brigade and transco when the house explodes

Narr safe as houses mate, he does all my work. Has to get buddy who works for BG to sign it off though. Cost me extra £50.

Call gas safe for a free inspection. Tell them the engineer will be there if they come quick

his tools should be confiscated

Tools are on horse in field at moment he's in saloon.

He should have used 10mm it would have looked loads better, door would have opened and it could be clipped on skirting not ceiling. York comes in percolated white sleeve so wouldn't even need painting. 22mm is overkill anyway.

I dont do gas but thats shocking id be asking him for GS card no gs card no worky simple..

if he is GS then he needs it taking away!!!
not regs not safe not looking good not paying bog off mate
why is the pipe all bend up like it is why was it run like that whay didnt get put out if you could or re run it soo its safer and better. how much other work has he done what is he palnning on doing and how much this will paint a better pic for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this standard practice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock