Discuss is this quote fair? central heating upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Probably the end of the road for this, once you run out of arguments annd start talking like a child.

My point isnt talking like a child because If two people cant cope with using a combi then the country is screwed because there must be 10's of thousands if not 100's of couples that have combi boilers.

But obviously all customers with 2 bathrooms have exactly the same hot water requirements. So let's just ignore them and do what the hell we want to.

If I've missed it sorry, but nobody seems to have mentioned that you can have an immersion heater with a cylinder.
Having had two boiler failures, a programmer and a meter regulator fail the back up has been useful.

I disagree if it’s a family home people with kids want a bath

If your doing a house up with the intention of selling then do what is best for the house if there is no intention of selling the do what the customer wants.

I have loads of customers that have had the baths ripped out and trays put in its personal preference and if the next person to buy the house wants a bath an unvented cylinder etc then that is up to them to sort.

If your doing a house up with the intention of selling then do what is best for the house if there is no intention of selling the do what the customer wants.

I have loads of customers that have had the baths ripped out and trays put in its personal preference and if the next person to buy the house wants a bath an unvented cylinder etc then that is up to them to sort.
I agree with the sentiment mate. As you say it’s down to the customer. Completely get that. I’m all about communication with my customers so I’ll be honest with them if they still want to proceed and I am completely anti then I will suggest they get a couple more quotes

Problem is you’ll always find someone to fit something no matter how wrong it is. There is a difference with conversation and miss-selling I speak to so many customers where their “plumber” has said such and such will work brilliantly

Problem is you’ll always find someone to fit something no matter how wrong it is. There is a difference with conversation and miss-selling I speak to so many customers where their “plumber” has said such and such will work brilliantly

I fully agree with you that you get people that will just sell whatever they want to and that the best way is to talk to your customer and advise them.

However I totally disagree with the point blank oh you have 2 bathrooms a combi wont cope that gets said on here. There is never usually a question about what showers etc they have it's just assumed that they want to have 2 showers running at the same time. Yes an unvented system is the bee knees but if the customer has the flow rate for an unvented cylinder on the cold then they would have enough flow rate to run a mixer and an electric shower.

In my opinion as well if you have a combi it is not a bad idea to have an electric shower as if/when you have a problem with the boiler you still have means of washing.

There is another post and somebody was asking about what combi to buy and mentioned they might have an extension done and without knowing anything else someone put well if you have 2 bathrooms a combi wont cope never asked anything else just said it wont cope which is absolute rubbish and if you are having an extension you could work an electric shower etc in.

I know I have a different view to other people on this and I do understand fully what the others are saying I'm just saying that this point blank no combi for 2 bathrooms is not factually correct without knowing what showers they have and what usage they have of the hot water only then you can advise on what system would be best suited for your customers needs. If they are doing a house up to sell then you go for the houses needs not the customers.

Reply to is this quote fair? central heating upgrade in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I thought I'd create a master thread to move all of these similar threads into, over time like. If your central heating doesn't work boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock