Discuss Is there any way of safely turning off my water heater completely? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

In light of thevibration problems in my flat, which I think are due to a neighbour'swater heater, I am wondering if there is any way I can completelyturn my water heater off so that I can rule it out altogether as thecause.

The reason I say thatis because there is apparently a slight fault with my water heaterthat the plumber is coming around soon to fix, he said it probablywasn't causing the vibration issue that I mentioned but that he can'trule it out.

I've not had my waterheater on for the last 6 months during the night because I've wantedto rule it out from the vibration I'm experiencing, but after theplumber said that, I'm thinking that even if they're switched off,they're not properly off?

I just use theimmersion in the mornings and then switch off again, but I'm guessingthe thing is still on or am I wrong?

I know there's no soundor vibration coming from it, and I don't think it's got anything todo with the vibration problem running across my floor....but what doyou all think. It's a Heatrae Sadia water heater if that helps.

Thanks.

Sorry for lack of spacing, my computer seems to have a problem with this site only and when I copied and pasted everything was spaced correctly, thanks.

It could well be yours or neighbours. If it is the PRV it would happen when the water is heating up, due to the water expanding ( or same if it is a temperature and pressure relief ) there would need to be a fault though.

Can you not ask the neighbour to turn their heater off one night just to see

Thanks Last Plumber

I could do that, but to be honest its amazing how quickly people start avoiding you once you're complaining about something they're not aware of. Don't get me wrong the person downstairs has been helpful in testing day time appliances with me, but I just get the impression from her and more so from my side neighbour that they don't want to talk about it. She talks over me if she sees me and rushes off and he, whilst knowing me as a neighbour for ten years and knowing I'm not a raving lunatic, now seems to be avoiding all conversation about it.

I could ask her to switch off her night heater but if it's not her I'm just pestering her again. I've not got anywhere from talking to people for a whole year so I guess I'm getting phobic about talking to anyone or suggesting anything to anyone, but that's not going to solve this I know.

I suppose one question is, how likely is that small copper pipe coming from her flat? It comes out of her wall and there's a longer one leading to my flat, so how sure could we be? Could it still be coming from the neighbour on my level around the side of the building (around the corner from where this copper pipe is).

If it's highly likely to be her pipe, then I will risk talking to her again because I know this is real, and I've got a witness to it as well.

Thanks

I should add that I've been polite and friendly to everyone, so there's no reason for people to avoid, I just think people jump to conclusions. To be honest before I spoke to the local plumber about it (who happened to be fixing my tap) I was really stressed, because no one would help even environmental health wouldn't help from the standpoint of it being a noise nuisance. Then this plumber guy actually listened, told me about these pipes, and now I feel I'm getting somewhere. It just goes to show what can be done when people do actually listen, I've learned a lot from this past year but it's been dreadful as well and I've struggled working with it all.

The vibration doesn't happen every night by the way, that's the only thing, but lately it's happening most nights, so I wonder if it's linked to the colder weather.

I jumped on here then because I thought there was a complaint coming, but now I realise that you're talking RL with people being funny with you.

I jumped on here then because I thought there was a complaint coming, but now I realise that you're talking RL with people being funny with you.

LOL, not sure what RLis but no complaints from this forum, and it was a plumber that hashelped all the way through this too, when environmental health werebehaving as if I was crazy....I'll win with them all it'll just taketime, I've now got some evidence of a problem at least and I alsohave a witness. :)

Attention.
Stand by your beds !
Nothing happening here Sir.
About your business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is there any way of safely turning off my water heater completely? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock