Discuss Is the pump faulty? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Piratepete

My system has been running just fine for 4 years.
The Buderus 600 boiler stopped firing up. Changing the two flow sensors has helped that but the Bosch engineer believes that I have a flow problem (even on hot water only). The boiler (modulating type) no longer reaches temperature and one radiator (always awkward after a drain down) won't heat up now.
Valves appear to be opening fully.

The pump is a standard 3 speed Flowson 130, about 4 years old. It normally runs at speed 2. Speed 3 doesn't seem to make any difference to the problem though it sounds different.
I've separated it from the base. The impellor is clean, undamaged and rotates ok with power on. But I can stop it with my finger.

How easy should it be to to stop it?
I'm wondering if the magnetic clutch is slipping when it's shifting water.

Hoping for a miracle!
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is the pump faulty? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock