Discuss Is my thermostat set up normal. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

S

SteevW

Hi guys. I moved into my house in the summer and have only just started to use the heating recently as the weather gets colder. The way my central heating is set up seems a little strange.

I have a combi boiler that has the heating split into 2 zones with zone valves. Each zone controlled by its own thermostat. One thermostat is in the living room at the bottom of the stairs and the other is in the master bedroom upstairs. I assumed the one downstairs would control all the radiators downstairs and the one in the bedroom would do the same for upstairs with one zone for each floor.

However what is actually happening is the thermostat in the living room only controls the radiators in the living room. The thermostat in the bedroom upstairs controls the heating for all rooms upstairs but also every room downstairs except the living room.

Is this setup normal? It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Reply to Is my thermostat set up normal. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock