Search the forum,

Discuss Is my Boiler short cycling? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,my boiler has been running fine till this morning when it cut off with fan turning then it began try to fire its self up every 3 minutes we usually have on a timer for 3 hours first thing as we have newborn we have no issues when running hot water

Attachments

• 20221015_071732.mp4
    19.1 MB
Just saw this 3 liner (not my highlighting) re Ariston comfort mode.... maybe worth a look at the parameters.

"There are two settings for the comfort mode (they can be adjusted in the parameters menu): 1. As soon as DHW is drawn, the secondary heat exchanger is kept warm for 30 mins. 2. As soon as DHW is drawn, the secondary heat exchanger is kept warm permanently."

Could also possibly be faulty zone valve end switch giving a run signal to the boiler.

Last edited:
Thanks, I shall try the auto mode first, then check the zone valve if the problem still continues, the boiler is 5 years old but the previous home owners appear to have not had regular services so the warranty is now void

Since it was previously working fine and this behaviour just started out of the blue I think it's likely to be a circulation problem.

If it hasn't been serviced for five years, get it serviced and tell the engineer about the problem when making the booking. It could be something as simple as a clogged filter.

With luck, once it's been serviced the warranty cover will be restored but you might need to get it done by one of the boiler manufacturer's approved service engineers – check their website.

Tried both suggestions with no luck
A faulty zone valve (if S plan) end switch would still be on my list, with CH switched off locate the orange wire from any one of the zone valves and get a mutimeter set to 500V AC and probes between the orange and any neutral or earth and if you get 230V then one of the zone valves is the culprit, if no multimeter a phase tester on the orange will give indication.

Last edited:

Reply to Is my Boiler short cycling? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock