Search the forum,

Discuss Is LDF fit for purpose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mountainman

Went to a gas escape today.

The escape according to the customer was on the boiler and transco agreed and so did I with a TT.

I checked the joints with ldf, nothing so I got my Anton sniffer on the case and it found the escape easily.

This is the second time this has happened with different ldf brands.

Come back Fairy Liquid, all is forgiven.

I have found the rocol stuff to be the most reliable. Have had similar to you, where it wouldnt bubble up.

I kicked the aerosols into touch years ago. I use the regin brush on.

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/aerosolsandleakdetection/REGL05"]REGL05 - Leak Detection Fluid | Regin[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had that told to me as well. It may be made by Rocol but it's nothing like the Rocol LDF that comes in the orange cans. The Cb stuff doesn't bubble up nearly so easily.

Centerbrand rebrand all expensive stuff. Their flux also comes in a yellow tub at double the price !

I've had that told to me as well. It may be made by Rocol but it's nothing like the Rocol LDF that comes in the orange cans. The Cb stuff doesn't bubble up nearly so easily.

At £3 per can v £8 I'd rather the CB

Am I also right in saying that CB and Rocol are the ONLY BS:EN approved LDF?

alot of center brand stuff is re branded and as far as i'm aware its rocol ldf

i now only use spray as the brush stuff is carp as well but nowadays you do need a sniffer so much better

i use the same stuff as he utilities cant remember its name but it comes in a liter bottle and i get it from drain center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is LDF fit for purpose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock