Search the forum,

Discuss Is it possible to use the heat in a conservatory to heat domestic hot water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Good evenings,

I had call from a neighbour of mine wanting to know is he could harness the heat energy built up in his conservatory and use it to heat his domestic hot water.
Is there some kind of heat exchanger system available?
I am going round tomorrow to see him in the morning, I just wondered is anyone had come across such a device.
Thanks for any advice.

Hi Phil,

Not that i know off after 30 years in this game, you can get heat from below ground outside but just remember conservatories are pretty cold in the winter months.:)

Strange Kes 36, he sounded pretty sure such an item exists but if you've never heard of one in 30 years then.........??

I was speaking to a guy in Plumb Centre and he's heard of people using a radiator - painting it black, positioning it in direct sunlight and connecting it to the HWSC with a small pump. Does this sound do- able?. He said it is quite effective.

Last edited:
Hi phil,

So painting a radiator black in direct sunlight, connecting this to the hot water cylinder via a pump. This sounds like a way to breed legionaires to me.
Surely this could only be effective in the summer months?
Personnally i wouldnt do it.:)

Take care mate.

i think nu heat do a system to use warm air from kitchens, conservatories etc to pre heat domestic hot water

In any system such as ground source heat or solar panels (that i know of) the heat the system gains from the source is only the start. In ground source the flow heats up to 11 degrees celcius this on its own wouldnt do much but it then goes though a compressor which works in the opposite way to a refridgerator and gets it up to 60 plus degrees celcius so maybe something like this would be needed for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it possible to use the heat in a conservatory to heat domestic hot water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock