Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss is it ok in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

to pressurise the primary side i.e. heating on a vented cylinder. I was told it is ok but it doesnt sit right with me I would prefer one system or another but of cours I am probably wrong.

eddie

Of course it is as its the hot water thats vented. Cyl stat for control

As long as the pressurised circuit has appropriate safety ie prv, ex vess .stat

Yes. you wouldn't normally put more than 3 bar into it. Don't forget to install a prv, expansion vessel and controls.

Last edited:
Eddie, Kris is of course correct. This is how a 'system' boiler works, either Gas or Oil. As long as the Cylinder is a Double Feed Indirect to BS1566 Part 1. The primary (heating) water and the secondary (domestic hot water) are separated by a physical heat exchanger or 'coil'.
An electrical Cylinder Thermostat will control the primary circuit via a motorised valve.

Eddie, Kris is of course correct. This is how a 'system' boiler works, either Gas or Oil. As long as the Cylinder is a Double Feed Indirect to BS1566 Part 1. The primary (heating) water and the secondary (domestic hot water) are separated by a physical heat exchanger or 'coil'.
An electrical Cylinder Thermostat will control the primary circuit via a motorised valve.

Thanks guys wasnt sure re the coil in a vented but thats why i love it here so much knowledge......

cheers

Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to is it ok in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock