Discuss Is It ME ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev the gas

I had an appt with a custard this morning to est for new radiators @ 10.30am.

When I arrived on time the husband greeted me and started showing me around, saying the wife was busy with the flooring man, so we cant go in the lounge.

Halfway through the house the door bell rings and another tradesman arrives, this time an electrician, the wife sorts him out!!

5 mins later the door bell goes and the builder arrives to sort out the conservatory base, Im left standing in the bedroom looking at the owner marking out the size of the conservatory in his John Cleese style steps!

Whilst I was trying to understand why the bedroom has 6 yes 6
bearing in mind it is only 6mtrs x 3mtrs!!

After 15 minutes googling with my phone I decided to leave, saying goodbye to the wife she said have you everything you need for a quote !

As I was turning out of the drive the husband came running out and asked "when can I have your estimate :61:" I replied ......................

Yup, and i spent over 20 minutes in it!!

Whilst I watched his John Cleese (NAZI) steps in the garden!

Strange, but they havent phoned back tonight :bucktooth:

It's not you. Why would they arrange all their visits at one time. I went to quote for a job once, plumber's and other trades were arriving one after the other, almost like it was the only job around for a hundred miles

Maybe the room was some kind of reptile enclosure or something, does sound a bit funny but I like weird people.

Maybe it would have been a laugh as long as they paid?

Think you got a April fool in January mate. Either that, someone has resurrected Monty Python and you're in it!

Might just be me but when I buy anything I like to discuss/ research/ touch at least know what I am getting.

How the hell can I price to replace approx 10 rads, without knowing what rads, do they want the same size ect ??

I didnt even see the boiler.

Could of been worse, the two guys ringing the doorbell could of been other plumbers, coming to quote also.
Had that last year on a huge job I was pricing up.Three story house,9 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms etc etc.
Got there at 10am. By 10.30 there was three other plumbers looking around. Needless to say I hopped it on my toes and didnt bother to quote:evil:

Back bedroom plumbers traning school maybe ? - or did you see a lot of pots of green plants ? :mad2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is It ME ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock