Search the forum,

Discuss Is Corgi Homeplan a viable Scheme to work on? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have an opportunity to do some work for this Corgi Scheme. Is anyone else involved? I'd like to know the Pros and Cons if any.
Thanks
RBD

Cheap there looking for a service around 25-30

And repairs needs to be fixed in one visit else your paying out of your own pocket to repair

Also anything they deem you didn't need to replace they deduct off your bill

Cheap there looking for a service around 25-30

And repairs needs to be fixed in one visit else your paying out of your own pocket to repair

Also anything they deem you didn't need to replace they deduct off your bill
Bloody hell Shaun, so regardless of whats on the contract they just pay ÂŁ30??

Bloody hell Shaun, so regardless of whats on the contract they just pay ÂŁ30??

Yea most will be just boilers tho, but you might have a gas fire to do once in a while as well

Race to the bottom I'm afraid

Will be OK to start then you will get the run-around, why is job taking so long, cant you get parts cheaper & why not, with-hold payments if they think your spending to much time & money on a job, wont cover traveling costs, wont cover costs of getting parts, only pay for time on job, will expect you to travel miles to cover their job, any problems & you cant speak to anyone all done by email and you wont get a straight answer it will always be your fault. Nothing to do with CORGI, they are an insurance Co.

i did a short stint with them when they first started this up, it was ok at the very beginning but then they started questioning why the parts cost ÂŁX and asked for proof of purchase, then theyd moan if you went over the average of 1hr per repair, the customers would just chew your ear off about how your the 3rd engineer corgi have sent and how useless they are. If a new problem appeared at one of your past jobs with them they sent it through as a recall which meant you'd have to attend free of charge until you could persuade them that it was a different issue and not related to your last repair.
the service work was ok but they wanted it doing for next to nothing (ÂŁ25 per service) youd be given a list of customers and it was then up to you to contact and book them all in, corgi would be all over me constantly about why i hadnt booked mr jones in yet.
In the end i had enough and stopped doing work for them, i wouldnt even bother trying with them anymore, just not worth the hassle.

Well that's an eye opener folks. The old addage of "if it seems too good to be true then it probably is" seems to fit here. They asked me to put MY hourly rates down and I thought well this sounds good. Clearly they have no intention of honouring that.
As for using the Corgi name, I think that it says much about what their valies are. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is Corgi Homeplan a viable Scheme to work on? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the Government in the UK needs to do more to make green energy heat pumps and other green central heating options more affordable for the UK customers...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know please what kind of fitting this is? I have hot cold wallmounted faucets for a bathroom basin. The original taps (pictured were not gripping and slipping around the pipe)I was told by a plumber that he couldn't find any similar taps with a fitting like this (some sort of...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock