Discuss Is an accumulator the way to go? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I live in a three-story town house with two bathrooms on the top floor and I just put in a combo. The water flow from the mains is good but the pressure is under 1 bar. By the time that the water gets to the third floor, it's terrible. Would an accumulator be the best way to go to improve the house pressure?

No, accumulators don't increase (static) water pressure and so won't cure your problem.

Have you tried reporting / complaining to the water company? Although 1 bar complies with the legal minimum guaranteed supply, water companies normally try to deliver a pressure high enough to supply the top storey of a reasonably sized house and the low pressure. You may be experiencing a problem with their kit that can be remedied.

Otherwise, you'll be needing a pump and possibly an accumulator as well.

No, accumulators don't increase (static) water pressure and so won't cure your problem.

Have you tried reporting / complaining to the water company? Although 1 bar complies with the legal minimum guaranteed supply, water companies normally try to deliver a pressure high enough to supply the top storey of a reasonably sized house and the low pressure. You may be experiencing a problem with their kit that can be remedied.

Otherwise, you'll be needing a pump and possibly an accumulator as well.
Thanks for your input. I haven't tried talking to the water company yet, so I'll do that first. Then, I'll look into pumps as suggested. Thanks again!

Break tank and pump if you can’t increase your pressure from the wb

Dab make a decent system eg

Reply to Is an accumulator the way to go? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Does anyone know what this is (in a kitchen cupboard, under the kitchen sink)? I'm wondering if it is an accumulator. Mains water...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock