Search the forum,

Discuss Is a sub stack required? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have installed a new toilet in a new location so new drainage was required, the WC is installed at the opposite end of the house to the soil stack. I have cored a hole through the wall and then used an elbow on the outside wall to join the existing drainage, an inspection chamber has been installed so any blockage could be rodded. The BCO has been round to sign it off and he insists that it needs a sub stack to be installed.

I cant see any need for this, any opinions?

Mark.

It will need a vent/AAV otherwise when you flush the toilet it will creat a vacuum and suck out your traps.

The WC is the only thing connected to the Inspection chamber so no traps to suck out. Does anyone know where it says in Part G that a stack is needed to meet the regs?

Yes, G was a typo, meant to say H, I saw the 1.3m item and have measured it and it is 1.1 M which is why I cant see why the insistence from the BCO. Any other conditions I have not seen?

Yes, G was a typo, meant to say H, I saw the 1.3m item and have measured it and it is 1.1 M which is why I cant see why the insistence from the BCO. Any other conditions I have not seen?

Not that I could see. Did you point the depth out to BCO on his visit? Worth phoning him and asking his advice. play dumb like he is the all knowing god. But question his logic.

Building control will never admit being wrong so suck it up and just do it, if not they get snotty and start sniffing.

somewhere it says that all connections to the drain must be vented to fresh air, unless there is 2 toilets then only 1 needs to be vented to fresh air!!

Jase158, Even that condtions has been met as I plumbed the first floor bathroom into the existing soil stack using a Sanipro. Cant understand what the issue is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is a sub stack required? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock