Discuss Is a new CP12 required after a new boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Can someone tell me if I need to provide a tenant with a new CP12 if I install a boiler in their house as this new boiler will not appear on the current certificate ?
A gas-safe registered friend has said I need to but it's not something I have ever done in the past. I was under the impression that the only requirement for a CP12 is that it is carried out yearly.

Cheers

Paul

Yes you do, how can you have a cp12 covering a boiler that isnt even there anymore

no you dont, as an appliance only needs a CP1/12 done when it is 12 months old, however when the property is visited for the next CP1 it is a good idea to do one for the boiler as it brings the appliances all into line with each other, if the boiler isnt done when the others are someone will need to revist to check the boiler on its own, we used to do loads of boilers for social housing and our agreement was we would do another CP1 for the whole house when we fitted the boiler as it keeps all the appliances together, but this was an invoicable item on top of the boiler,

nothing like a good old contradiction of advice to make things clear for you hahaha,
i used to work for a contractor looking after 14,000 properties for gas service and repair and came across this situation loads of times, the existing CP1 is of no interest to a boiler installer and when we werent paid to do an extra CP1 in the early days it lead to many properties having a CP1 done in say January with boiler A, a new boiler, boiler B fitted in July then in December we revisited to do the CP1 again with a note from the housing not to do the boiler as it was still under installation warranty, it became clear there was too much potential for the boiler to be missed the next June when it was in for 12 months so we got an extra payment to reissue a CP1 on boiler install day to include full checks on the other appliances, to keep everything in line

Just to precis, a new boiler does NOT need a new CP12 but ONLY if it has been fitted and documented by a Gas Safe installer!

It would normally be included when the next CP12 is done on the 12 month aniversary. If that did not include the new boiler then a special new CP12 would be needed the day the boiler was a year old.

Tony Glazier5

Just to precis, a new boiler does NOT need a new CP12 but ONLY if it has been fitted and documented by a Gas Safe installer!

It would normally be included when the next CP12 is done on the 12 month aniversary. If that did not include the new boiler then a special new CP12 would be needed the day the boiler was a year old.

Tony Glazier5

Regardless of old or new ANY boiler fitted/serviced/repaired/checked for safety needs to be done by GSR person.

When a NEW boiler is installed it will be benchmarked and commissioned so at that point it's THAT paperwork that is required NOT a CP12 (unless ofcoarse your there to do the CP12 for the property aswell, in which case you would include boiler aswell)

Not to teach anyone how to suck eggs, CP12 is all to with gas safety and safe usage of appliances within rented house.If the appliance is landlords responsibility then it must be checked every 12 months. EVEN if the cp12 was due for the existing appliances the day AFTER the installation you would be REQUIRED to check the boiler.

Last edited:
we issue one anyWay us , and hand it to the owner and say "hear i did you this for free whilst we were hear"

really what am doing is making sure his next cp12 is due he pulls mine out of the files and sees my name and contact number.

what will also job his memory is the reminder we send after 11 months telling him there annual service / llc is due

Last edited by a moderator:
we issue one any us , and hand it to the owner and say "hear i did you this for free whilst we were hear"

really what am doing is making sure his next cp12 is due he pulls mine out of the files and sees my name and contact number.

what will also job his memory is the reminder we send after 11 months telling him there annual service / llc is due

its not a problem doing a new CP1 when doing the boiler install, as long as you charge for it, we used to do loads of jobs for Social Housing, some better than others, some would check the current CP1 date when sending us to do a new appliance, and if due in the next 3 months they instructed and paid for a new one, yes its ideal to get the advertising side right, as long as you arent doing free LGSC's under your boiler price and undercharging

its not a problem doing a new CP1 when doing the boiler install, as long as you charge for it, we used to do loads of jobs for Social Housing, some better than others, some would check the current CP1 date when sending us to do a new appliance, and if due in the next 3 months they instructed and paid for a new one, yes its ideal to get the advertising side right, as long as you arent doing free LGSC's under your boiler price and undercharging

I only tell them it's free wink wink

lets be honest for the sake of a form and a few mins extra work its as easy to do one as not but it realy depends on the customer and the price ive got if theyve chipped me back on the price then no if ive got the price i asked for ill chuck one in. I never put it on the estimate as an item and only do one if asked as theres no legal obligation to do one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is a new CP12 required after a new boiler installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock