Discuss Internal soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnmess

Hi,

looking for a bit of advice my soil stack current runs internaly from ground floor out of a flat roof on the third floor (made of plastic),I want to move this outside. Is there any issues with doing this?

Secondly I want to swap my bathroom and kitchen one for the other but my bolier is currently in the kitchen, which would after the move be in the bathroom. Are there any regulations that stop me from having the bolier in the bathroom?

One last problem is that moving the bathroom and kitchen means I no longer have access to the soil stack for the waste from the toilet but do have access to the waste for the sink which does not connect into the soil stack but does connect into the same sewage pipe as the soil stack, I am allowed to use the sinks watse outlet for the toilet?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
> I want to move this outside.

you mustget approval from council to alter any underground sewer pipework etc.

you say the go's into a seperate pipe but still joins the sewer.

is this a hopper or a gully trap etc where the water can be seen running into the drain ?

a toilet needs to be on sealed pipework from toilet to drain.

Hi Sonray,

Thanks for the answer by saying "I" I dont mean me but a pro lol can do some plumbing as diy'er but at the moment would not tackle that myself.

Its a gully trap where you can see the water running down into it. My neighbour had to have the outside dug up and at the time I could see the waste for the kitchen sink and the soil stack join together into one pipe.

If the move goes ahead the soil stack would be used for the kitchen sink and bathroom sink / bath but the toliet would be seperate if this is possible of course.

John

you can keep the toilet seperate it can go on whats called a stub stack.

it can not go into a gully trap etc.

Thanks agian for the reply Sonray.

About the bolier being in the bathroom if the work goes ahead is there any issues about that.

John

You need an electrician to advise about the boiler. It may need to have a cupboard around it to comply with the 17th edition.

Mike

If your unsure about drainage, go to HMSO site and download current building Regs for drainage. Also check local by laws and if its a conservation area. But the B'ldg regs will give you some idea of what you can do, before you spend any money.

As to the boiler in the bathroom, you need a "sparks" to advise on the electrical side, the regs are strict on that, but once again the B'ldge regs electrical, may give you some idea of what's possible.
As you can appreaciate its difficult giving advice without being able to see the job and know local conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Internal soil stack in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
M
5th floor flats washing machine waste runs internally down to our 3rd floor flats bath waste then further down through to the other side of the...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
Hello, Renovating downstairs bathroom, we have changed the layout and I just wanted to confirm if what I want to do is appropriate. I want to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock