Discuss Intermittent fault, Eurocal with Sterling ST108 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it happens I had one on Friday with an intermittent fault, the young lad before me thought pump but when I checked I decided that there was no positive difference between open and closed on the KBB.

Replaced.

I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone for their replies and input towards this post! I do wonder why there isn't a private forum for oilies like the gas safe one though? Anyway thanks again chaps! :rockon2:

As it happens I had one on Friday with an intermittent fault, the young lad before me thought pump but when I checked I decided that there was no positive difference between open and closed on the KBB.

Replaced.
How would that create a fault - was it just very poor flow when open? Cheers

Geminox Astrane.Bentone ST 108 burner.Intermittently fires up and then starts 'chattering' for a couple of seconds and then locks out.Noticed that a lot of air bubbles collecting in fuel filter when pump is running.Photocell changed,control box changed,pump changed some time ago.This problem has defeated French plumber who installed it,so he won't attend anymore.(I'm in Brittany)Excellent boiler but this problem is doing my head in.Any good folk come across this before?

dont take this as criticism, but when servicing a boiler and you see something needs doing, why dont you repair/replace the part, because if you dont how can you say you have serviced the boiler, knowing its got issues that invariably lead you to having to go back to sort it out?

If you mean air bubbles in tiger loop , one of two things small leak on line or flexible oil hoses has a pin hole. Had one like this before .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intermittent fault, Eurocal with Sterling ST108 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morco feb 24ed3 has a f1 fault code. The burner reading is fine. The fault is intermittent, sometimes the boiler won't ignite on either hot water...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
I
I've had my tado system in my new build for 5 years now and it's been fine. Yesterday morning I changed the batteries on the second floor...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction please. We have an old traditional old Potterton E50 boiler with an old Honeywell...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock