Search the forum,

Discuss Interesting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
This will be interesting today ,

Been waiting on a tiler to start a job in a bathroom , been asked to rip it out this out today so tiler can start monday.

Obviously the call i had from cust was along lines on this thursday evening.

'Bathroom is ready for you to rip out saturday so see you then' Nice of him to consider my family.

Anyhow bathroom getting ripped out today but then i aint coming back to september as booked up.

He don't know that yet.

Don't go near with a barge pole.. seperate tiler? No way!

All or nothing, anything else is pure trouble.

I disagree I've got two tilers which. I use which I would swear by they are both awesome and we communicate really well about organising jobs

I disagree I've got two tilers which. I use which I would swear by they are both awesome and we communicate really well about organising jobs

+1 and they know what your like eg plan ahead etc

I can tile and to what I think a professional standard I am just not quick. I think why slow yourself from other jobs if you can get someone in for an equally good if not better finish. Plus they do my siliconing :wink: why have a dog and bark your self I always say

Ive got a great tiler, though he won't do any siliconing and wont do any of the building prep work, but he only charges me £130 a day labour and I charge him out more than that

Win win

This will be interesting today ,

Been waiting on a tiler to start a job in a bathroom , been asked to rip it out this out today so tiler can start monday.

Obviously the call i had from cust was along lines on this thursday evening.

'Bathroom is ready for you to rip out saturday so see you then' Nice of him to consider my family.

Anyhow bathroom getting ripped out today but then i aint coming back to september as booked up.

He don't know that yet.

Quality!

I'm with you. I tile but I use a tiler for the pro finish.

UPDATE

Had a phone call from this cust today after i ripped his bathroom out last saturday went something like this.

CUST - Right tiler all done so need you back this week to fit bathroom.
ME- No can do like i told you will be the end of the month.
CUST- Thats no good we have a none working bathroom.
ME-Well i did mention this before i ripped out all suite if you recall?
CUST- Yes i know you mentioned this however you need to come out this week.
ME- Can not busy ,Will be end of the month as discussed.

CUSTOMER NOW CHANGES TONE.

CUST - YOU ARE A ( insert various expletives and insults)
ME - Ok BTW you have not paid for rip out .
CUST- Thats irrelevant i have no where to wash or go toilet .
ME- Paying invoice???
CUST- I will get someone else your unreliable.

HANGS UP

Cant please everyone i guess lol

hahahahaha some people are crazy. Cant help but feel you should have got the payment immediately after the rip out though.

Yes I also have come to the opinion that many customers think that plumbers are low class uneducated idiots. I think the thought is if you had no education you could join the army or a trade.
Re the OP, I would text back to that customer stating he was actually the unreliable person because he obviously doesn't seem to be able to listen or comprehend what you clearly informed him at numerous stages and you would be reluctant to do further work for him as he has no clue how to agree or organise a simple schedule for a relatively minor bathroom job.

And so it continues , cheque through post today 40 quid short !!

Also a letter with the cheque saying that as i never put a ball fix on the temporary toilet they had to call an emergency plumber out to do this. Along with the fact they broke the temporary toilet .Funny how at no stage did they phone me and request this yet i spoke to them twice after the rip[ out and still never mentioned this.

Personally i now feel its come to full chase of money

just tell them you're not a mind reader. discuss it with me and it'll probably get done, think you've discussed it and it won't get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Interesting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock