Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Installing Cold Water Storage Tank In Attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

happycat99

Re. the overflow pipe: obv should enter the tank above max water level, but should the end of the pipe continue into the cistern and down below max water level? I've read this should be done to prevent draughts coming back along the pipe from outside. Is this correct?

The overflow pipe should be protected with a mesh screen to to stop insects an dirt entering. Should there be a screen at both ends of the pipe or only one?

Thanks

The byelaw overflow kit will have all the parts needed. The overflow should have its bend going down below the water level, but some are a bit short & need extended. The overflow fitting will have a mesh inside it to stop insects. This mesh can cause a danger of the overflow being blocked if the tank ever does overflow in the past & any scum blocks the fine filter - particularily on the heating expansion tanks overflows.
Obviously the tank requires a proper sealed lid with an air breather fitting & grommets for any holes in lid where expansion/vents pipes enter, plus you need a tank jacket.

Thanks Best.

Overflow lower than inlet - are there any regs how much lower?
E.g. overflow 25mm below inlet and max water level 25mm below overflow.

Also overlow should be on opposite wall of tank from inlet - is this strictly necessary?

Elsewhere on forum been said should be space for heat leak under tank i.e. shouldn't be roof insulation under it - why is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing Cold Water Storage Tank In Attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock