Search the forum,

Discuss innapropriate use of fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

well this 5 year old wimpy house made me laugh, what do you think?:D
i counted 24 push fits in total and 3-4'' copper pipe.

it leaks every where too.

Attachments

• Photo-0019.jpg
    Photo-0019.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:
Haha like the trap and the earth bond for the 4" length of copper! Is that also an earth bond onto plastic pipe at the top?

Looks to be a DIY job.

Last edited:
They all look like this lol!, at least theyve used copper between the fittings, plastic was "perfectly acceptable":eek: when I used to work for them.

All pretty standard for new build. That one is very neat by comparison to most.
A disgrace really:mad:

dont like that jg speed fit stuff too chunky n big , but out of most i suppose its one of the easier ones to take apart if it dosent take right

HA HA HA never buy a house from them that is ridiculous!!! god knows what the rest of the house! lmao

what no waste disposal or pop up undersink dustbin?:p:p:)regards turnpin

oh ffs where do these clowns learn? the circus or wild west lol:):):)

Just been to a job today. Had cold water running in 22mm solvent weld pipe with solvent weld elbows etc.

all them fittings look expensive just throwing their money down the drain....

actually there is nothing technically wrong with the plumbing apart from a lack of clips you go to work for a company who have a no heat policy and only supply pushfits what are you going to do go and buy your own ?

I dont take my blow lamp into lofts wouldnt like to get stuck up there in a blaze although you could hide in the cwsc.

I think it is asthetically unpleasing?

you go to work for a company who have a no heat policy and only supply pushfits what are you going to do go and buy your own ?

Leave :D

Most builders use it as a no steal policy as it is worthless except to another plumber. Copper gets nicked.
Once piped a house 3 times in copper and each night it would be stripped out. Left a big note (magic marker on the back of a drawing) nailed to the wall saying for fks sake take the cables. They wrote on it no thanks! Gave up and used plastic.

Sadly plastic pipe is becoming the norm. Used in the right situations it is great but mostly it looks a disaster. The sad thing is most people wouldn't know good pipework if it bit them on the rse.

The problem is the Plumbers usually have no say in the design.

Its usually a case of "Here are the comics, follow them!"

I have worked on contracts, where it was obvious things would not work out, but been told to carry on, until a variation order came through. Then the company of course could get paid for taking out the faulty installation and putting in a new one.

Apparently its the same in the navy ship yards, as technology progresses, they update the specification all the time.

Also I often wonder who does the estimating nowadays. The Scottish Parliament building was only supposed to cost about £200 million it came out nearer a Billion.

You could probably go on and on.

But failing to get to within about 5% of final cost does seem to bring into question of how good planning and estimating is. To a certain degree you can understand on a navy ship, how can you estimate for a job when you don't know what it may be?

But a building should be easy.

i worked for a guy who only made money on the VO's if it wasnt on a drawing we didnt do it if a wall was a foot different to the drawing you had to get a VO TO EXTEND THE PIPE IT WAS REALY PAINFULL AS EVERYONE HAD THE RIGHT HUMP WITH US CONSTANTLY IN THE OFFICE FOR VO

It's a real worry though. Think about how many fittings are in the house! I am in a new build and overall the plumbing is good nice copper under sinks, airing cupboard etc but there is loads of plastic and just after I lais the oak floor....You guessed it boiler pressure non existent out they came and my floor got lifted I found the source mind you using a stethoscope.

How did a stethoscope help? did you put it on the floor or the pipes?

How did a stethoscope help? did you put it on the floor or the pipes?

They put it on the plumber installers chest and when the floor installers get near one of his dodgy fitting ,his heart rate increases :D

In the 60 and 70's we where given 20' lengths of copper pipe to plumb a house out, and only one coupler. You where expected to machine bend everything and get it right without using elbows or any more than one coupler.

But hey! When cheap end feed came out, it was fill your boots boys, how many would you like?

In exchange no short lengths of copper left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to innapropriate use of fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock