Discuss ingenious uses for plumbing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

wondering what the most unusual situation that you have used plumbing equipment or skills for??

here's mine...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this next pic has hacksaw slices on the bottom to act as a filter
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

anyone figure it out yet???

KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry mate a million miles off. i'll leave it for a bit and see if anyone can suss it before posting more pics.

KJ:D

yep thats the one. i brew my own real ale!

that was the mash tun into which goes malted barley

picture.php

and water at 65degrees for 90 mins. the coolbox keeps it insulated but i wrap it in a blanket as well then drain into a boiler which is a polypropylene bucket with a lever tap and some copper as a filter for the hops which is heated by a kettle 2 kettle elements from tesco 5quid kettles

picture.php

add some hops

picture.php

boil for 90mins then chill using 10metres of 10mm copper with cold running through it
picture.php

drain thru a sieve into another bucket add yeast and ferment.
bottle it and enjoy!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

theres a little bit more to it than that but you get the idea...and the beer not only looks great but tastes great too.

so has anyone else found their skills handy for something a bit different????

KJ:D

picture.php

That to me looks like a great pint of beer
happy-052.gif
,respect

drinking-48.GIF

Do you do delivery service..........................................

picture.php

Bit worried about the density of it though, seems to have an evaporation problem !! :eek::eek:

:D:p:)

Used to do home brew years ago,you may have kick started me ,to try again :)

Brilliant. One flaw though. I'd end up spending the £10 you spend on Tesco kettles on beer at Tescos instead. No patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ingenious uses for plumbing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock