Search the forum,

Discuss info on fault finding and problem solving - unvented systems? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gdlcarter84

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and pretty new to plumbing. I've got my city & guilds and work as a plumber. I don't have a g3 (unvented ticket) and won't work on one til i do, but I'd like a heads up anyways?...Some questions might not be related, but I'd be grateful for your advise and info.

Q, I went round a customers house & they had an unvented indirect system (eco 7). When they used the shower (first floor) the hot feed had a low pressure & flow rate, and if you opened up other hot taps the shower would almost go to a mear drip...Why?

I checked the hot gate valve (cold feel to cylinder) and stopcock was open fully and wound them back to be sure they worked. Any info on what could course this and how to cure it?... The shower wasn't pumped. thanks

if the cyl is heated by immersions on economy 7 it will be a direct unvented cyl. normally now you see lever valves on unvented cyls so you mention gate valves and Im thinking this is probably an direct cyl with tank feed and open vented. either way it would seem hw flow is restricted by issue with cold supply, be it thro unvented prv failing or poor flow fm tank in roof. need some more details really

Thanks for the info, I think it was the prv on reflection. I tweeked the pressure guarge on it ever so slightly and it started to vent into the tundish stright away...I forgot to say this in my first blog! Ta

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and pretty new to plumbing. I've got my city & guilds and work as a plumber. I don't have a g3 (unvented ticket) and won't work on one til i do, but I'd like a heads up anyways?...Some questions might not be related, but I'd be grateful for your advise and info.

Q, I went round a customers house & they had an unvented indirect system (eco 7). When they used the shower (first floor) the hot feed had a low pressure & flow rate, and if you opened up other hot taps the shower would almost go to a mear drip...Why?

I checked the hot gate valve (cold feel to cylinder) and stopcock was open fully and wound them back to be sure they worked. Any info on what could course this and how to cure it?... The shower wasn't pumped. thanks

Why you touching it if not qualified?

Why you touching it if not qualified?

That's an argument I have trouble with on these when you consider that megaflo put the details on resetting the air gap in big writing on the side of their cylinders.

That's an argument I have trouble with on these when you consider that megaflo put the details on resetting the air gap in big writing on the side of their cylinders.

Exactly, but never been a fan of the megaflow. Much prefer the external vessel.

To be honest, I barely moved it, 2mm tops, and I moved it back to it original position. I meant when I said I wouldn't work on one til I got a ticket, that I wouldn't alter pipework or install a prv ect. and I initially, thought that I could do that?... I'm asking questions to help gain knolegde and have a better understanding. I only did that so that when I passed the work over to another engneer with a ticket i can tell him, and ive him a bit of a heads up on the job.

Q, Am I aloud to recharge a expansion vessle, or repressurise from the filling loop... I haven't done yet before you wanna grill me some more ;) thanks for your replys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to info on fault finding and problem solving - unvented systems? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having issues with cold water to multiple outlets. Taps, showers, toilets cold water is fine at the kitchen sink. The hot water system is a Glenhill unvented cylinder. Hot water is fine at all outlets. I assumed the cold outlets not working were from the balanced cold from the...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
V
Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me to understand how our hot water system works (or maybe isn't!). We have had a new unvented system for hot water and heating put in. The gas boiler is the original one. Our problem is with the hot water. We get a cylinder full of hot water, which is good. But...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock