Discuss Industrial unit boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kerr Gas 1

Looking for some advice
got called out to quote for a job today and when I arrived at the address I realised it was a industrial unit, has one big room not huge with a couple small offices and two bathrooms and a small kitchen area. They have to combi boilersin at the moment combi 1 heats the big room via underfloor heating combi two does the kitchen area and bathrooms. So the two combis have to be replaced with condensing boilers usually I install worcesters so il probably go with two green star 30si. My question is does this job need a commercial engineer as its a business unit. I've checked gas meter which is a domestic u6 meter
Any replies appreciated

Thats domestic as far as I can see. Just dont exceeds your limits. Pipe work and kw

Forget the comment about the kw. You can't exceed 60kw

yep agree with simon johns, if you was still not sure , hey theres sum reading lol.

Just make sure your not out of scope with your IV make sure you include the meter IV and 10% for fittings... doubt you will exceed but just thought id say, how big is this place? why two combi boilers?

I asked the same question myself, it's a descent size floor space on the main office combi 1 heats this space through Ufh with 8 circuits that's all as far as I can see. Combi 2 heats kitchen/toilet area 3 double rads and also supplies hot water for kitchen. I'd think il call gas safe to be sure but thanks for heads up

No worries, your max IV is 0.035m3, and you meter IV is 0.008m3 so 0.035-0.008=0.027 divide this by

0.00084 per 1 mtr length for 35mm copper
0.00054 per 1 mtr length for 28mm copper
0.00032 per 1 mtr length for 22mm copper
0.00014 per 1 mtr length for 15mm copper

dont forget the 10% for fittings, this will give you a rough idea.

He can't exceed 60kw because he's using a u6

I always thought it was 6m3/hr although they were capable of more normally? Never heard it being translated in Kw before, is there much differance between the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Industrial unit boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock