Discuss indirect cylinder heated by back burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nick penfold

Hey guys.

Hope you can help me gain some more understanding on this one.

Recently put in an indirect cylinder as a replacement to a direct one as the customer has bought a lovely lil backburner fire thingy..
The plan is basically so that when their fire is on, they can heat their hot water in the evenings via this set up.

Its not for central heating but we put a heat leak rad on with TBOE set up.

Customer has fired up the back burner and says all works fine and dandy........ however........

They have noticed that when the fire gets very hot and raging etc, there is a distinct banging noise from within the airing cupboard and they believe its from within the actual cylinder. After about 15 or 20 mins, this noise dies down.

Customer reports that hot water is great etc but was concerned with noise.

apart from the vent to F&E, theres no automatic air vent installed...

Please see my very quickly drawn sketch of the basic layout. Is this sounding like trapped air? or what other scenarios could there be.

I work for my fathers business and he's off to sort it out later but i was just hoping for some more insight off other plumbers if possible for my own education

thanks in advance

Nick

Attachments

• diagram one.JPG
    diagram one.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 26
back burner is approx 1 metre below cylinder rad (heat leak) is 1 metre below cylinder and f&e is about 2 metres above cylinder. hope thats what your asking for

i think you should t into the primary above the cylinder flow for the heat leak flow.ie into the vent pipe. Your heat leak will not function that well the way you have it connected and the cylinder may be getting too hot. Have you any pipe runs that run tight against timber?They will be 28mm for the primaries I assume? They will expand a lot especially if they are getting very hot and this will cause sudden knocking and banging sounds as they rub.
Is that of any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to indirect cylinder heated by back burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock