Search the forum,

Discuss Incorrect PRV termination? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

westyvip

Hi,

I work on the Warm Front/Eaga scheme and have installed a boiler where the PRV terminates onto a 'public highway'. The house is basically an end terrace with the boiler fitted in a cupboard downstairs on the gable. Flue, PRV, Condense go straight out, however the inspector has failed the job as PRV is on a public highway.

The house has concrete floors and chimney breats preventing running the PRV internal into the back garden, so i was wondering if there are any regs or limitations stopping me running the PRV pipe externally round the house so the termination is in the back garden? Or would the external pipework be classed as incorrect as this is also on a public highway?

regards

rich

Can you not discharge the prv very low level, about an inch from the deck? Or direct it back towards the wall? Where does the condense discharge? I used to work for a contractor on the same scheme over here in NI and I thought then that half the monkey's doing the inspecting didn't have a clue!

Hi. What about fitting a tundish in the cupboard to recieve any discharge and be visable to housholder, as croppie says low level discharge. If you start running around the property unlike gas it can freeze and cause a iffy situation.

Ask the jobsworth - oops, inspector - what he would like and how you could do it. It'll save you trying again and getting it wrong again.

tell him to rotate your a gsr,or do eaga have one registered and a million doing the work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Incorrect PRV termination? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
I'm going to need a new boiler before too long, it's been in there for a while and really showing it's age. My current boiler is 55k BTu and does only the central heating. (I also have a multipoint boiler that does my hot water. I KNOW I could have a combi, but I like it this way). The CH...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
hi guys, I went to a job today and removed a gas fire and solider a blank on the gas pipe. It was a false floor concrete with battens with finished timber floor. is this classed as a unventilated void? I've looked at my gas book and it only classes apartments to have added ventilation in voids...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock