Search the forum,

Discuss Immersions on a thermal store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDoey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi

I am on callout this week for my firm. Had one tonight, a thermal store immersions have both packed up. I need to try and sort it as no one is back in work until weds and the lady is elderly so dont want to leave her with no hot water for 5 days over christmas.

I know thermal stores require high energy heaters but doubt i will get any of them tomorrow morn.

My question is can i use two standard 11 inch immersions as a temporary fix until weds? I assume the water just wont get as hot?

Many thanks

Yep not ideal , but will work , standard stats will only take the temp to 60 ish thermal stores need 75/80 .

Thanks mate. Im going to try and source the correct one but what with it being xmas eve tomorrow its looking unlikely.

If it was anyone else i would leave it until weds but shes literally 95 so want to try and get her up and running temporarily

Sorry for late reply been manic today! Did job, took 2 hours to drain the store. Was a top floor flat and only place to drain was into wet room with whale pump. Had to cycle pump every few minutes while it drained down.

Was an absolute ballbag but shes got HW for xmas so all good!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersions on a thermal store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each apartment for domestic hot water varies greatly in timing and volume. Thus the oil boiler is required to work for long periods which is uneconomical...
Replies
Views
How a thermal store boiler works! I’ve got an old thermal store boiler and I’m trying to work out how it works. From what I understand the boiler keeps hot water at a steady temperature in the boiler whilst cold water enters into a coil which is held inside the hot water and this heats the cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am getting my old hot water cylinder tank replaced (my property has no boiler as it is a full electric property). My plumber suggested changing to a thermal store. He is a competent plumber but are there any certificates that I need to ask for, is this notifiable work and would you...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
B
I'm looking for help with an open vented central heating system that is pumping over. We have a thermal store that has two heat sources - gas central heating, and a wood burner - both feeds are pumped with a Wilo Smart A 25/4-130 circulation (one pump per feed). When the wood burner kicks in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock