Discuss IKEA waste trap only one spigot/nipple? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnthePainter

Hi folks,

I'm fitting an IKEA kitchen and currently on with the sink. The trap they've provided, which seems to be required as the waste strain screws into the waste below, only has one spigot/option for a white good. There doesn't seem to be any other way to tap into this trap to allow for two applicances (dishwasher and washing machine).

See attached a few photos. Has anyone has this problem before?

Any help is appreciated.

IMG_8680.JPG

image.jpg

[DLMURL="https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/311651020030?chn=ps&dispItem=1&adgroupid=47212762201&rlsatarget=pla-324114155027&abcId=1128966&adtype=pla&merchantid=7278294&poi=&googleloc=1006814&device=c&campaignid=857333952&crdt=0"]Universal Dishwasher Drain Hose Drain Hose Y Piece Joiner Connector Splitter Kit | eBay[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Throw the lot in the bin and start again with a new waste, trap and fittings! Had this with loads of kitchens with the supplied waste packs, they always leak, very fragile and come apart too easily

Throw the lot in the bin and start again with a new waste, trap and fittings! Had this with loads of kitchens with the supplied waste packs, they always leak, very fragile and come apart too easily

Okay yeah reckon it's a good call. So new waste and then simple two connector trap. Simple. Cheers all.

You need to be careful about throwing the supplied stuff away, I've had to fit Ikea stuff and sometimes you just can't get a normal (i.e. UK sized) kit on, the sizes are possibly Swedish or maybe even just unique to Ikea, sometimes the overflow can be unique to that basin/sink too.
Also, the design of the unit may need the Ikea waste as it sweeps back and gives more room in the cabinet. A shelf or drawer might hit any other waste.
I did 2 Ikea units in a week a few months ago - that was a horrible week...
I ended up using the Ikea wastes up to where the flexi should connect to the trap, but instead of connecting the flexi there, use the adapter they provide that they tell you to put on the other end of the flexi, it fits into the trap and if cut at the correct part will then connect to a UK size waste coupler.
You could then branch a stand pipe for your other appliance alongside the vertical run of UK size waste pipe, or use an appliance waste tee, but you'd have no trap to stop foul smells coming up through the appliance unless you use something like a Hepvo waterless trap under the tee.
Be generous with the clips at the back there too, you don't want any leverage on that plug section.
If anyone mentions that they bought their own stuff from Ikea when asking me to come and fit it, I now charge an Ikea tax because it's not going to be simple.

Then take what is there to a merchants and let them look at it. You should be able to get something from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to IKEA waste trap only one spigot/nipple? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back