Search the forum,

Discuss If you work for yourself is creating the quote an annoying job? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve1970

Hi everyone

At the end of last year I had some work done in my bathroom, tiling and plumbing. It took a while to get the quotes in and it occurred to me creating the quote might be a tedious part of being self employed? Over Christmas I thought it would be good if a quote for a job could be quickly created using a smartphone or simple web site and sent to the customer electronically.

Basically you'd enter your business details once into the app and choose a layout for your quotations. Then you’d visit the customer, discuss the work etc. Maybe give them a rough idea of the price. Back in your vehicle you’d enter some basic details about the customer, a brief description of work and amount etc and the customer would get a pdf sent to them. The idea being if you had a few quotes to get out you could do it during an ad break or while waiting for takeaway etc. I think it would only take about 2-3 minutes to create and send a simple quote like this.

If anyone thinks this would be useful please let me know in the thread below or by a private forum message. I do a little programming in my job and I'd like to have a go at creating such a system but only if it would be useful.

Thanks
Steve

welcome to the forum unfortunately their are numourous software packages thaat help you with estimating

I think that there are several similar packages on the market aren't there?

edit - oops, hammers beat me to the post.

I have a computer full of templates and other junk just for this purpose.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know about Invoices2Go.

regards
Steve

It's an annoying & tedious job, but I find every job is different & I would imagine customers want a personal touch quotation not a few quick details wizzed over through an app!

These apps are taking over...

As above, every job is different, length of pipe runs No. of joints needed, the fact that the merchants put the prices up yesterday. also need to get back to the office to actually work out what you need to do!
i can see it working well for the little jobs, but when the first thing to do is a load of heat loss calcs so you can the work out the rad sizes, before you can get a price for them, takes a bit longer, the sit and work out the pipe runs. Does my head in some times!!
I have even made up some spread sheets with every thing on it with prices next to everything works quite well till the prices change!

Yeah, I see what you mean ADM360. I guess I had little jobs in mind, more simple domestic stuff, like I had done in the bathroom. Thanks for the feedback.

Steve 1970

If you can create an app/software that will sort out the time waster element of a customer it could be a winner.

ie
Dear customer, please place your thumb on my device, it will tell me :-

A you are genuine
b you are genuine but cannot afford what you say you would like.
c you just want info so you can do the job yourself.
d your husband is not present because he knows nothing about the fact I am here
e
f
g
h
ect

I am sure others could add :90:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to If you work for yourself is creating the quote an annoying job? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock