Search the forum,

Discuss Identifying central heating pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Loveplumbandgas

I have a question about a job I am currently doing which is causing a few problems at the moment, a job I am at where they are bit by bit renovating a fairly large house, it has had its boiler removed (Vaillant not that its relevant) and there are 4 cut pipes in the ceiling space (no gas this has been removed and capped further back) which have been cut and left uncapped by someone without leaving any indication of which one was flow/return, they are currently doing the floorboards and I am due to go back there next week but I need to identify which pipes are which for the system which is sealed with an external pump and zone valves on one of the top floors in a cupboard. Does anyone know how I can quickly and easily identify these as none of the pipework is visible other than the metre of each I can see and the guy who ripped it out is not around to be asked.

Individually put a Bit of tissue in the end and blow hard , mark them as you go

think by what your saying system boiler was installed

Its not about the boiler its about the pipework, I need to find out which pipes are flow and which are return.

As Jon said above, bit of tissue or cap all ends bar one and blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Identifying central heating pipework. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I have 2 zones - one for bedrooms upstairs and another for the living areas downstairs. Now the plastering has been finished and I am costing the combi...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock