Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal RD2 - Hot Surface Igniter - Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nova

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help....The hot surface igniter keeps burning out.
I've just tested a new one, I'm getting approx 170VAC which drops to 120VAC once the burner has lite but it seems the PCB is not switching the igniter off. I've left the boiler running for 3-4 minutes and there's still power to the igniter.

I was thinking it might be the flame detector? But if it was this then it wouldn't keep the gas valve open? Does this point to the PCB?

I appreciate it's an old boiler but can't afford to replace it or keep buying igniters :(

Any idea's appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob are you gas safe reg, if you sent sorry to say as its a gas appliance you can't replace parts unless your gas safe

Rob are you gas safe reg, if you sent sorry to say as its a gas appliance you can't replace parts unless your gas safe

Thank you for replying, no I'm not gas safe but I have not encountered problems ordering any parts. As this boiler is almost a sealed unit and I'm not touching any gas part then is it an issue?

Of course if I am removing the burner or valve etc then I will ask a Gas Safe Engineer. But as two Engineers have already looked at the boiler and said it can't be fixed and didn't even bother checking the igniter I have lost faith in them!

Hi Rob,

Anybody can source most parts nowadays however if the cover on the boiler forms part of the sealing then only a gas safe engineer can remove it never mind fitting the parts, Sorry but this is the law.

Forum rules on diy gas repairs mean we can`t help you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal RD2 - Hot Surface Igniter - Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock