Currently reading:
Ideal logic gas valve

Discuss Ideal logic gas valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

anz

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can the ideal logic gas valves be adjusted? Couldn't see anything in the manual.

I've got one to go to that's making a baffling noise.

before doing anything check the gas meter governor if not its the gas valve on the boiler

If you don't get the fan in right, it makes a hell of a noise!

Will keep these in mind and post an update once I get into the property...couldn't get in today.

Went back today with a gas valve, didn't work :(

The only option left now is the fan.

Haha, I hate guessing, I always try to prove the faulty part but with this its been impossible.

I was 50/50 on fan or gas valve.

[video=youtube_share;MZZHLWp1haY]https://youtu.be/MZZHLWp1haY[/video]

This is what its doing.

Not familiar with the boiler, is there a diaphragm on the fan like the Worcesters? Could be that

Daft questions, is the fan actually located on its lugs? It sit on lugs and hinges down and then screwed in by the one screw

this is like x factor, the singing leaving is..... long pause

come on Z factor what was it

Last edited:
Something blocked or restricted somewhere... Maybe condensate

Stripped it down again, cleaned burner, washed heat exchanger, cleaned condensate trap, cleaned probes, disconnected condensate under the boiler.... Still getting the same fault

After removing the sump cover and running the boiler it ran fine.

Disconnected and reconnected the flue elbow and all working again.... Must have been the flue gasket not sat on right.. It did seem ok when taking it off though.

Put the analyser probe in the flue outside on the air side to make sure seals were ok.. Started doing the fault again... It seems like it doesn't take much of a blockage to cause the fault.

was right, do i win a prize
It looks like you were... I should have checked more in depth first time round... I just thought it'd be impossible to be that... Because how could it possible move after 3 years of being ok.

Change the washer thats on the top of the gas valve going to the venturi, I had the same fault and this fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logic gas valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back