Search the forum,

Discuss ideal isar/icos service procedure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P4ULT

hi guys i dont deal with these much but what is the correct way to service these? new parts needed etc and i also seem to get a lot of blockages in the condensate traps.

step 1...get a big hammer
step 2... smash boiler to bits
step 3...fit a decent boiler
:)

good advice but im not sure ill get away with it. i know they are unbelievably poor but sometimes needs must. i remeber a thread on here a long while ago a guy arguing they are good boilers as log as serviced correctly.

get a service gasket kit ordered ,check the ionization probes are in place and the insulation panels have not moved,clean hex,remove sump cover clean in there and check discharge hole remove trap and clean rebuild,do gas rate ,inlet pressure and fga,also check flue/air assembly integrity,pray it works when switched back on if not hit it with a big axe or hammer or come back here for advice/best axe to use etc good luck

Change the spark electrode every other year as it wilts quite easily and causes a bit of explosive ignition.

Clean out the sump and ensure it's not blocked to the condensate trap. Clean condensate trap, two minute job but as you said, it silts up badly. Check the condition of flame sensing probe (if you have a spare gasket as it tends to tear upon removal) and if need be clean it up. All pretty standard stuff, but do check that electrode as they're quite flimsy and only cheap to replace. Again only check it, if you have a spare gasket.

and i have a dodgy typing finger good advice on the electrodes though Danny they do bend

also rremove burner being very careful not to snap any of the six screws take of clean wih a soft brush again place the burner upside down repace if nes burner gasket and also you cannot find a service brush to clean hex so was advised by idal to pour hot water over hex thogh con drain

These are very good boilers unreliable, break down all the time and very good for earning wages. Ferolli and Vokera are just as good

I hate ideals and british gas installed loads of them. Got 2 to look at next week I am not going to touch them if possible one complaint is rads not getting hot and another is it is working intermittently which I will advise a manufacturers call out as could be a pcb issue, I had one of these go wrong last christmas in the snow a right nightmare

I went to one job a few weeks ago where BG fitted this old couple an Isar about 6 years ago. In that time it has had five PCB'splus and two heat exchangers plus all the other bits that give up the Ghost on this boiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to one job a few weeks ago where BG fitted this old couple an Isar about 6 years ago. In that time it has had five PCB'splus and two heat exchangers plus all the other bits that give up the Ghost on this boiler.
'i have had this brush for 25 years, only had 8 heads and 4 handles'.lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal isar/icos service procedure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been serviced. It has been presenting intermittent flame issues in sub zero temperatures however I found that insulating the pipe work around the gas regulator...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hi, so with the new changes to Part L etc, I guess a test of the system water is now included on everyone's annual boiler service. However, if you had to add inhibitor how much are you guys charging, as some are easy to add to, and some are a bit more complicated. Also OFTEC state that engineers...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock