Discuss Ideal icos HE18 Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

philw1ll1am

Hi,

was looking for some help and advice. My Ideal HE18 boiler has failed this morning. It will fire up and 'start' working but after approx 10-20 seconds powers down again. There is no fault indication on the LED as it is flashing 'c' for the central heating. After approx 10-15 minutes the unit will attempt to power up again only to switch off again.

I've got a plumber booked for 5 tonight, but not sure I can last that long.

Hi,
I hope by now that you have got this sorted, but I just thought i;d add my bit to your message in case.
I had exactly the same problem with my HE18 and luckily i had a boiler policey out at the time..Ideal service engineer came twice and claimed it was the PCB that was faulty, but despite this claim, they eventually replaced the whole boiler.

Howver, in the time i had the fault, i have learnt that there are a couple of other things that you may experience with this boiler unit, that is un-related to the PCB fault.

1. I had a lot of condensation pouring down the back of the boiler in cold weather. The fitting engineer found that when it originally was installed, they hadnt allowed enough space for the unit to 'breath' on the wall, it was a simple cure, by turning the large circular spacing disc that is visible at the bottom of the unit. Turn it until there is enough space..solved this problem

2. My Unit was making alot of banging noises, tht have become worse in this freezing spell. To stop it, was a simple case of pouring warm water over the outlet drainage pipe. It seems that these units suffer with alot of excess condensation build up when the weather gets freezing. Once the pipe is defrosted, the excess water drained away and the boiler has run fine, no noises etc..

I hope this is of some help and use.
I'm not an engineer, just passing on my experiences of this boiler so far.. hope its of some help in future to someone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal icos HE18 Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock