Discuss Ideal icos 6 years without a service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to this boiler today as the property is being sold and the owners have had a offer , the boiler was nearly jumping off the wall when firing up:eek:đź’Ą, stripped it down to find the heat exchanger blocked solid with aluminium scale not allowing a smooth flow of products through bit of tlc and new sensing electrode (spot the fault chaps) I have left a clue , and it's now working good as new . Cheers Kop

Attachments

• inCollage_20191016_204855176.jpg
    inCollage_20191016_204855176.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 24
Seriously they are good boilers , I look after a few , traps can be a nightmare to get off if they are in a cupboard.
Sorry cant open pics for some reason .

Seriously they are good boilers , I look after a few , traps can be a nightmare to get off if they are in a cupboard.
Sorry cant open pics for some reason .
Yes I have a few on my books same old problem as with all aluminium heat exchangers Screen shot that better ? T

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191017-075050.png
    Screenshot_20191017-075050.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Ok no worries bud off to work now more servicing a intergas and a valliant today and a leaking bathroom basin a few jobs to look at along the way have a good day T . Regards kop

Reply to Ideal icos 6 years without a service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
I was wondering if anyone can help with this. On servicing a two year old Vokera Unica i28 I carried out combustion analysis checks. The high...
Replies
Views
A
I have an ideal logic combi code 33 which seems to be producing large phume compared to neighbours with same boiler. I had the boiler serviced...
Replies
Views
T
I’m currently looking into replacing my 20- year-old Ideal Classic FF 360 gas boiler in a 70s semi and have been getting various quotes for a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock